+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, East Midlands Network Managers Meeting - Please pass on.. in General; Hi, A while back network managers in the East Midlands area were invited to join and go to a network ...
    AIT
    Thank Post

East Midlands Network Managers Meeting - Please pass on..

Hi,

A while back network managers in the East Midlands area were invited to join and go to a network manager's meeting. I was fully behind this move and nothing seemed to progress.

So...

Depending on the interest generated, I would be looking to start termly or bi-annual Network Manager’s Meetings for all schools in East Midlands.

The meetings would involve discussing the current and future LA systems, with the hope to have at least one representative from the LA there (or having some communication link to the LA before and after the meeting). This would allow us to, (to borrow some words from a colleague) as one voice, pass on our collated opinions on current and future provision from the LA. I would also envision it being an opportunity to share information/resources, and possibly form collaborations and working groups for projects (as we are all understaffed, underfunded or both). As I see it, between us we should have a vast technical knowledge, so why not share it instead of paying through the nose for someone to come in with the same or lesser knowledge?

Anyway… If you’re interested, let me know, either via pm or email. If you have any partner primaries who would be interested, please feel free to pass this onto them as well.

I’ll be looking to arrange the first meeting asap.

Thanks
    Phil

2. Thanks to AIT from:

mattmoo (28th September 2010)

Thank Post
    take a look at this post Leicester Schools Network Meeting - 4th October 2010 its a Leicester meeting but quite happy to open it up to the East Midlands if there is enough interest.

Thanks
    Matt

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,781 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Blog Entries
    One of the problems is that some LAs operate differrently to others. I know some of the things I suggest for our schools would not work in Lincolnshire or Leicestershire and vice versa. There are regular meetings in Northants and there is a general open invite if any other LA or schools want to come down and see who things go, but a lot of the detail is LA specific. Regional events tend to get run by EMBC or Becta ... and the EduGeek conference now only happen in the Northwest, mainly down to lack of people to plan and run it in other areas and to concentrate on a single, larger conference.

I know that if someone was to offer to run regional EG events many would be *very* happy.

PS I can't do it ... otherwise I would do. Happy to support though.

AIT
    Thank Post
    Hi, I am planning to host this event at our school in Nottingham, I have support from the head and going to offer free food as well!!!! So please pass on the nudge to any schools in the East Midlands.

Appreciate the offer to join Leicester's however firstly I would like to see if we gain enough interest to warrant our own. Again as Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire operate differently to Leicestershire.
    Last edited by AIT; 28th September 2010 at 04:26 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread