Poll: What do you prefer?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, Driving - opinions please in General; I have a diesel Focus estate. Love the car as it does about 50mpg, (1.8) why have i got it, ...
    rad
    Thank Post
    I have a diesel Focus estate. Love the car as it does about 50mpg, (1.8) why have i got it, for towing mainly. I had a `1.8 petrol focus and can't work out why you would want a petrol over diesel as the fuel economy is the most important factor with anyone driving.

Thank Post
    I preffer bigger engines aswell. My wee 1.2 Clio does struggle quite badly on some of the hills around here, even when its dropped down a gear or two, still struggles. So glad its normaly just me in the car, dread to think what it would be like if I have a passanger or two!

When this cars time is up I'll poably be looking at a 1.6-2.0 desiel, for more comfortable driving and not having to will it up hills! (And I will proably get better mpg aswell!)

Thank Post
    Well I today Have confirmed to myself at least that I believe small cars are just as good as bigger ones, at least for most peoples needs. How? Well Seeing as Jennings Ford seem to have lost my new Fiesta and I no longer have insurance or tax on my Astra (due to being told numerous times that my car would arrive on such n such a day) I asked them to arrange a courtesy car. There courtesy car waiting list is two weeks apparently but they gave me an Aygo that had been traded in...I think it's an amazingly fun little car. Reminds me of when I had my old Mini except it has a higher centre of gravity.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The Aygo/C1/107's are very fun little cars to drive. Their 1.0l engine struggles with four people but it can be quite spritley in town.

Thank Post
    Also when you get higher in the rev range they sound like sporty cars...only a little bit though.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I've been told the 107 sounds almost like a Jag C type, almost.

JPS
    Thank Post
    MPG, CC, BHP, they're all numbers, I drive because its fun, I change my vehicle regularly as I like a bit of variety. I am a supporter of the noisier the better! Just agreed a trade in this weekend of my Mazda3 2.0 for an MX5 1.8. Pick up saturday morning and cant wait for some rear wheel fun! I think this ensures an increase in road tax and a decrease in MPG but what the hell.

Thank Post
    With a sensible head on I would say that a blown oil burner (turbo diesel) of around 1.8 to 2.2 litres would be the best all round option.

Plenty of low down torque and power (for your hills) and will still return 40+ MPG even if you feel the need to drive like a t****.
    Having said that my Saab 2.0 turbo petrol leave most diesels behind when they hit their 4500rpm limit and if I drop the roof everyone can see what a t**** looks like!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatmas View Post
    The Aygo/C1/107's are very fun little cars to drive. Their 1.0l engine struggles with four people but it can be quite spritley in town.
    really? I had a 107 as a courtesy car when i was having the paint on my focus touched up and i though it was the worst car i had ever driven it was nasty esp on the motorway it just diddnt feel stable

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    i though it was the worst car i had ever driven it was nasty esp on the motorway it just diddnt feel stable
    I have this little Aygo on the dual carriageway briefly and it felt fairly decent. Maybe you just got a previously abused model? I would definitely advocate little cars. There's a couple of steepish hills on my way to work and this morning, the car managed just fine in 2nd gear. BTW for a little car the gearbox seems to have fairly long gearing. Despite that it seems fairly nippy for a 60bhp car.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123