+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, F1 Singapore in General; I bet McLaren really love Hamilton right now. He smashes up his car again then chucks the mega-expensive steering wheel ...

Thank Post

F1 Singapore

I bet McLaren really love Hamilton right now. He smashes up his car again then chucks the mega-expensive steering wheel across the tarmac! He needs to get a new "shrink". Meanwhile Button just gets on with it. He might not be as fast but I bet he beats Hamilton in the championship.

Mind you, it does liven things up a bit.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 626 Posts
    He was doing what he does best in my opinion - push as hard as he can. I prefer to watch a driver who goes for it - someone like Kamui Kobayashi or Hamilton than some of the others. Still if Alonso wins, just remember he can only do so with Massa's assistance.......

Thank Post
    Do you think Kovalainen knew the extent of his fire and deliberately didn't go into the pitlane because he thought it safer to stay on the track? Those little fire extinguishers are quite efficient.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 626 Posts
    He was quite calm wasn't he ? Got out, got the marshall to hand over a extinguisher and did 80% of the work himself !!
    I was surprised when he drove past the pit lane I have to say.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    Do you think Kovalainen knew the extent of his fire and deliberately didn't go into the pitlane because he thought it safer to stay on the track? Those little fire extinguishers are quite efficient.
    I think so, it would make sense, specially as it was more or less the end of the race and wasn't directly in anyones way.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,054 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Blog Entries
    He was told to stay out by the pitt crew as they couldnt see the extent of the fire. When they could, that was when they told him to stop.

I prefer to see the back runners do the racing as its much more interesting, and I was VERY impressed with how Kubica lost his place then pulled back to 7th, that was driving that I haven't seen since the days of Damon Hill and Jacques Villeneuve.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Although he threw the steering wheel out the car - it should survive as i think it was Barrichello (might be wrong drive) that at monaco got out his car on the middle of the track did the same thing and one of the Force India cars drove over it and dragged it half way around the track and they still use it on there test cars!!

Thank Post
    I quite enjoyed the race myself. I thought it was good to see Kovalainen acting as a mioni-marshal, I bet a lot of other drivers wouldn't have done that. It was great to see Kubica racing the way he did. I also reckon Hamilton is a good driver to watch simply because he races the way he does, taking chances like he did on Sunday. Alot of the GP drivers are too worried about wrecking their cars and sometimes it just takes the fun out watching the sport.

Also I think Petrov did quite well, so I'm surprised that Renault are looking to bin him. He's performed wayyyy better than Grosjean ever did. I think the same is quite true for Liuzzi as well. I think that some of the newer drivers just aren't given the chance. If you look at Buemi and Algesuari you can clearly see how a little bit of faith and time can reward with steady improvement. The onyl way you can get a Hamilton is if you nurture the drievr's career hand on right from the beginning, like Ron Dennis did with Hamilton.

Thank Post
    Separated at birth?
    F1 Singapore-images.jpgF1 Singapore-aleqm5jvngamyxuirck2eq1uma4xateirw.jpg

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orchid View Post
    You are dead right there and it was Barrichello. The rule is if they dont put the wheel back in the car that they could face a heavy fine.
    is that not only if they finish the race? i thought it was becuase the cars have to be weighed afterwards to ensure they are above a set amount? hence why the drivers plus helmets etc get weighed

Thank Post
    There is no such rule, the rule simply states a driver must be able to detach the steering wheel and exit the car within 5 seconds and replace the wheel within 10 seconds. The only time a fine is imposed is if the car needs moving on track and the wheel is not replaced, however as he was off the track, this should have no bearing (Being McLaren, I wouldn't be suprised if he gets a £50,000 fine and 10 grid penalty at next race though)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread