+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Thoughts on Virgin Broadband? in General; I'm currently on BT broadband and I've been happy with it but Virgin seem to be offering a good deal ...
    Thank Post

Thoughts on Virgin Broadband?

I'm currently on BT broadband and I've been happy with it but Virgin seem to be offering a good deal so I'm 'thinking' about switching.

Any Virgin customers care to comment?

Cheers.

Thank Post

3. Thanks to somabc from:

cookie_monster (26th September 2010)

Thank Post
    Apart from a few issues that could happen with any provider, I've been quite happy with V. Never hit any caps, but not big into downloading films and the like.

5. Thanks to Andrew_C from:

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 870 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have the Telephone, TV and 10 Mb Internet package. There is the occasional problem with connectivity on broadband but this is by far better than my last provider.

Overall few complaints and I would recommend the service I get here to others.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I've been happy with Virgin broadband - been with them for quite a few years now and I think there's only been 1 fault in that time (they pushed out a modem update to all modems simultaneously and something went wrong which lead to an overnight outage).

As @somabc says, they do traffic management but they are very clear about what and when - it's not like some companies which are not so up-front about it.

I've got the "large" package and it seems to give a pretty solid 10Mbit download from places like Microsoft even at peak time.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I have a BT landline and Orange Broadband - been very happy with Orange Broadband, despite the offshore call centres they have always been on the ball and as a longstanding customer they agreed a really decent tarrif when I told them I was thinking of moving. I looked at the Virgin package which was a recent mail drop to households round here. Spoke to a very helpful UK call centre lady who checked it out for me and explained that currently we aren't covered by Virgin fiber optic so would still be stuck with a service down the BT line - so till thay changes I'm sticking with what we have.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,375 Times in 1,672 Posts
    Got Virgin - not really any complaints - never quite makes the speeds they promise but pretty reliable.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible
    Customer Service.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!

Thank Post
    Found their customer service equally bad compared to most other ISPs to be fair.

Helps not having to argue with your adsl isp over whether an issue is theirs or BT's on the line.

Been with them for 2 and a bit years now on the 20 and 50meg packages and it's been fine, always get above 40mbit.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I have been with them for years, not really had any problems with them I have done it has been a genuine fault (mainly the telephone side of things) the broadband has been fantastic non-stop and I always get speeds of around 18/19 Mbit might be getting the 50Mbit soon

James.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,878 Times in 1,396 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Went from BT to virgin back to BT...reason being, virgin were more than quick enough to cut me off when they cocked up the direct debit date, but not so quick reconnecting my services, and they never warned you when they would do "line upgrades" or "line tests" or "replacing the fibre in certain areas"...where as BT always rang me, and told me "from X till Y your services will be deminished, we will adjust your bill for the loss of service, sorry for the inconvenience" and usually the maintenance etc took place at like 6am - 9am, when I dont use it.

After 3 months of complaints about the billing date etc with virgin, I ended up going OFCOM, getting a full refund and cancellation of contract, went straight back to BT and had no issues,

14. Thanks to nephilim from:

Thank Post
    I have been with them since their days as NTL and have never really had any problems. I have only ever had the broadband.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,781 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Been with them for 8 years here now ... had a few interesting issues with customer service (pretty sure I've already covered those when the question has been asked before) but I get good speeds, have very few blips and love the V+ box.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    Had them for 2 years at my sisters house in Newcastle with 6 students hammering the connection, one year it was an IT Geek on it so torrents a-hoy and xbox online gaming (and god knows what else he was doing on it!) never any issues, rock solid connection was great for 25 a month for fully unlimited at something like 20mb I think.

If you move to them and want a wifi router let me know as I've got a 2 year old Netgear one here that I'd like to sell on if your interested.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 1,031 Posts
    My Mums got them at her place up in crewe nothing special but shes a bit out in the woods. I use O2 broadband down south and have to say its very good - ocasional dns drop outs but nothing a restart of the router can't sort out.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast