+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Creepy..... in General; We are currently looking at secondary schools for my oldest son [ other one soon to follow ] - anyhoo ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts

Creepy.....

We are currently looking at secondary schools for my oldest son [ other one soon to follow ] - anyhoo this evening I went back for the first time to my secondary school that I went to. 22 years ago it was when I was last in the place........it was really weird. It's incredible how as I wandered around memories came flooding back, it even smelt the same as I remember - quite creepy.
    School had the same sort of layout but just a few new buildings, doors were the same, windows were the same, hot water pipes everywhere and I actually remembered were parts of the school were much to the disgust of my son.......

Thank Post
    it even smelt the same as I remember
    22 years and they still haven't manage to get rid of it

My old school has been converted into apartments!

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 742 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My old secondary school has now been bulldozed and an amazing new school has been built over it. Prior to that, it was the training and management centre for the LA so I got to go back to it on a number of occasions, which was weird.

My old sixth form school is now being converted into a retirement home, and knowing my luck, I'll probably end up back in there in thirty years time when I'm gaga.

Thank Post
    My old school - now my workplace... And yes, it still smells the same!

Thank Post
    I went round mine during the "pre-demolition" reunion for all past students and teachers. Again, I knew where everything was, where I'd left my name engraved etc. I met up with some friends there too, and we were sending texts such as "Where are you?", "In Doncasters english room"...off I go, it's now an ICT suite..haha!

As you say, the smells are the same, it all seems much smaller though..I was walking around lost in memories with a grin on my face for most of it, then it hit me - "Ye gods, I'm now a PARENT. I'll be doing the same as my mum did on parents evening in a few years. OH. MY. GOD." etc

Seeing ex-teachers is always funny...although we've had a fair few through here as supply staff, and they're always surprised to see me..

Thank Post
    My other half's son has just started high school at the school I used to go to...even better he's ended up with about half a dozen of my old teachers! I really hope I get to go to Parents evening :-)

Thank Post
    I work in my old school too. Some parts are just as they were, but it has changed a lot overall. I always liked the place though

Thank Post
    My old secondary school has long been bulldozed but a friend teaches at my old primary/infant schools and I occasionally pop in to help with their IT...its weird going back there because although some things have changed, the layout hasnt at all and all my old classrooms are just how I remember them from when I was 6!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by solitaire89 View Post
    My old school - now my workplace... And yes, it still smells the same!
    No, that's the cauliflower you wear on your face.

10. Thanks to timzim from:

tech_guy (15th September 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,170 Times in 1,605 Posts
    My friend's first 'proper' teaching post was at the primary school we went too... we were both astonished to discover that a teacher we had assumed was aged about 100 when she taught us was still there (and apparently not a ghost either!)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    My old secondary school has now been bulldozed and an amazing new school has been built over it. Prior to that, it was the training and management centre for the LA so I got to go back to it on a number of occasions, which was weird.

My old sixth form school is now being converted into a retirement home, and knowing my luck, I'll probably end up back in there in thirty years time when I'm gaga.
    Why wait ? Your gaga now. Most of us are having to work along side teachers !!

13. Thanks to mattx from:

tech_guy (15th September 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by timzim View Post
    No, that's the cauliflower you wear on your face.
    :P I could learn not to like you!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information