+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, New phone line install with talk talk in General; Hi any one done this I am moving into a new build and it look as if getting a talk ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

New phone line install with talk talk

Hi any one done this I am moving into a new build and it look as if getting a talk talk phone line and broadband is the the cheapest way of getting a new phone line. Any comments? Unless you can pay up front for a BT install with out a 12 month contract?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 1,025 Posts
    Virgin Media ??

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It is not a Virgin Media area.

Thank Post
    Cannot go wrong for the price with talktalk at the moment 18month contract I believe

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 900 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Are TalkTalk not the same company responsible for providing both the worst service possible as far as broadband reliability and customer relations is concerned? They shouldn't be trading. Tiscali were bad enough on their own but those muppets are just a travesty.
    Virgin Media aren't much better although the broadband speeds are fairly good. Spent half an hour arguing with them last saturday because their call centre staff couldn't understand english.
    "I need a lid for the box on the outside of my house, it has been damaged before the installation".
    "Yes sir, is it HDMI lid or SCART lid?"

nngh.

6. Thanks to synaesthesia from:

TheRedGuy (31st August 2010)

Thank Post
    I have spent the last few days trying to report a line fault with our home landline to Talk Talk. So far, it has been a completely fruitless exercise. All the numbers you have to dial to report faults or discuss bills etc, are 0800 billable numbers. I have spent a fortune on my mobile phone bill and we still do not have a working landline or even an engineer booked to look at it. Some of the people in India at their call centres have had such poor English that it was almost impossible to explain anything to them. It has been very frustrating.

Fortunately our contract with them has ended, hence the almost daily calls from their sales office. Once this line problem has been resolved, I will be moving my phone contract somewhere else.

Based on my experience, I would say stay away from Talk Talk!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I would go with o2 but they don't do new lines how can a get a new line with out BT contract. Or what is the best way of getting phone line, calls and broadband in a new property?

Thank Post
    From my own experience, I would stay away from Talk Talk, they have good deals and may provide a reasonable product but as for trying to get hold of anyone via a phone to sort a problem, no chance! Took me about two months to get shut of them. Did the same to my Dad as well.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,648 Times in 2,049 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I always say, you can't go wrong with BT. I've been with a variety of providers in the last 8 years and none of them matched BT for reliability and customer service. Not to mention the BT Vision service being available when you go with them.

Sure, you need a 12 month contract, but then most companies demand contracts for everything.

Thank Post
    The PFY is with talk talk atm. He wishes he wasn't (customer service, unreliable connectivity).

Thank Post
    Iv been doing alot with telecoms over the past 6-8 months, Virgin media can support areas where there are no virgin media services already in place

I know it sound daft - they use BT's gear to get the service to you - give them a go (0800 953 4000) or see this for more info Telephony Solutions - from business phone lines to telebusiness numbers

HTH

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GNewnham View Post
    All the numbers you have to dial to report faults or discuss bills etc, are 0800 billable numbers. I have spent a fortune on my mobile phone bill and we still do not have a working landline or even an engineer booked to look at it.
    You might want to try a service like 0800Buster.co.uk: Call 0800, 0808 & 0500 Numbers Free From Your Mobile if you have free minutes on the mobile. If you can get online, skype will let you make free calls to 0800 numbers.

14. Thanks to SteveBentley from:

GNewnham (31st August 2010)

Thank Post
    After my own experience I can only suggest that you do not go for talk talk.

Short(ish) not very detailed version (This was about a year or so ago now): I won't have any dealings with them -or any company in the carphone warehouse umbrella, such was my annoyance- after they signed us up for their landline service after talking to my wife (the phone bill is in my name, as was the onetel/talk talk account we had at the time) while I was out - at no point did my other half say we wanted their service just that it "sounded interesting" but "We'd want to know the full terms and conditions before considering".

When we received a letter in the post a few days later from BT saying "Sorry you're leaving" and one from talk talk welcoming us, my dear wife called them again to ask what was going on, and to stop it at once - only to be told "Your name is not on the account so you cannot make any changes." Hmm.

So, I called to cancel this, and got attitude from the chap I spoke with which really annoyed me to the extent I cancelled everything I had with them and told them to never contact us again.

I'm sure that other people have had perfectly good experiences with talk talk, (perhaps what I encountered was but a rouge agent looking to make his stats more impressive.) but after that carry on I'm not going to give them another chance myself.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GNewnham View Post
    I have spent the last few days trying to report a line fault with our home landline to Talk Talk. So far, it has been a completely fruitless exercise. All the numbers you have to dial to report faults or discuss bills etc, are 0800 billable numbers. I have spent a fortune on my mobile phone bill and we still do not have a working landline or even an engineer booked to look at it. Some of the people in India at their call centres have had such poor English that it was almost impossible to explain anything to them. It has been very frustrating.

Fortunately our contract with them has ended, hence the almost daily calls from their sales office. Once this line problem has been resolved, I will be moving my phone contract somewhere else.

Based on my experience, I would say stay away from Talk Talk!
    Head on over to talktalkmembers.co.uk and you'll get it resolved promptly. Very helpful community staff over there.

Been with TalkTalk for over 2 years and touch wood, it's been fine.

TalkTalk will install you a line too.
    http://broadband.talktalk.co.uk/newlines

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I am considering plusnet as they do installs for £50 they also have a 60gb limit a month. I would go bt if they were offering a better download limit.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast