+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, ICT Technicians in the press in General; I work in a school because it is a nice place to work and the staff are great the kids ...

Thank Post

Re: ICT Technicians in the press

I work in a school because it is a nice place to work and the staff are great the kids however are at times a royal pain in the backside and there constant vandalism and general low level misbehaviour makes my job more difficult. A news story like the one in the scum is just what we need to hear and if I heard parents outside the gate suggest that I was only working at the school to be close to kids I would put them straight in no uncertain terms.

Those parents outside the school gates need a slap it is people like them who are raising (or should I say dragging up) bad tempered, rude, arrogant, self opinionated, "I know my rights" little so and sos that have resulted in the moral decline of our society.

The person in question should have his you know whats cut off and the Head if he knew or even suspected and did nothing more than "have a word"should be ashamed.

Thank Post

The school in question is about 2 mins away from my house. This is the first I have heard about it for some reason. Makes you cringe doesn't it.

Tom

Oh, and before anyone asks, no it's not me

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Norphy
    Personally speaking, I do the job because I need to be paid. If a better paying job came along in industry I'd be out of here in a second.
    Ditto. I used to have a brilliant job in industry until the "night of the long knives". Working in a school was the only job I could get and if I could another job in the real world, I would. I do keep looking. Schools are great places to work during the holidays; it's the only time we can actually get anything productive done.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,067 Times in 624 Posts

Agree with Unixman - Schools are great places to work as I get my hands in more pies. I spent 13 years in the industry with really a subject [ servers & security ] as my main knowledge base.
    Now I do a bit of everything, PCs, Servers, Scripting, Video, Sound, helping out - hell even taking the bins out makes a change !!
    I now get Xmas off which is great !! For 13 years all I ever got off was Xmas day [ and then I was on call ]
    But the biggest bonus of working in a school ? I have a window to look out of from our office.....

Thank Post

Personally speaking, I do the job because I need to be paid. If a better paying job came along in industry I'd be out of here in a second.
    Same here.

richard

This goes for me as well.

Thank Post

I do the job because by and large, its quite a laugh and I have a fairly decent amount of fun. I am not really fussed about the money because I am lucky enough to be financially secure anyway. Long time ago I worked in the industry side of things but hated how impersonal and unsocial the working environment was, felt like I was in the movie, Brazil.

I wouldnt leave for better money (due to not needing it), only thing which would make me leave would be if I stopped enjoying it

In a Server Room cutting through a forest of Cat5e
    Thank Post

On this note, have any of you found it difficult to get into industry after working in a school, because they see 'school' and just throw the CV out?

I half tempted to just go and get a job as a labourer, as its similar pay, and try from there.

Thank Post

Little confused as to why the title was posted the way it was.. factual I suppose but can't help but think it was just a case of a "piece of sh*t scum got caught and good riddance".

As to idiots who listen to the media and swallow it whole... well, more fool them... They probably believed that guff about a red london bus being found on the moon... Brave them bus drivers.. he got a bit lost didn't he... etc...

*sigh*

Thank Post

The head should have been in trouble for this and the tekkie sacked. No questions.

Schools are a great place to work if it wasn't for kids and teachers!! It is toss up who is the worst. The hours are great, the hols are hard to beat and as said before you get to have a bash at the lot.

I have never found it hard to get interviews for jobs, it is just the interviews that are the hard bit.

I am glad to see we aren't the only ones who are constantly clearing up after vandalism. Latest one chewing gum on optical mice Nice!!

So the bus on the moon isn't true? ops:

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by markman
    So the bus on the moon isn't true? ops:
    Heh... No, they managed to get it unclamped by the martian parking authority and shipped out to act as a satellite for Travel news...

As to all these "delightful" experiences I have to admit I haven't seen the same problems you guys see.. If anything, in primary, we get "helpful" children who know how to plug in speakers and things.. or the funniest we had was the nursery kids realising there were rubber power balls in the mice and "borrowing" them... took a while to put two and two together :P

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12