+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Get a free Mac Mini, some free DVD rentals and help me too! in General; Post content removed due to early hostile response. Please accept my apologies for any offence my post caused....

Thank Post

Get a free Mac Mini, some free DVD rentals and help me too!

Post content removed due to early hostile response.

Please accept my apologies for any offence my post caused.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Get a free Mac Mini, some free DVD rentals and help me too!

Pyramid schemes are evil.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,250 Times in 1,032 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I'll do that for you, because I have a strange urge to attract all of the spam in the world to my inbox! If you honestly believe what that site is selling then you need your head looking at! If you believe that the rest of us are going to too then you need your head looking at twice.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Get a free Mac Mini, some free DVD rentals and help me t

@crc-ict. Read and digest!

Terms and Conditions:

Use of this web site assumes that you fully accept and agree to the Terms and Conditions set forth in this document. These Terms & Conditions also state that by signing up, you are certifying you have read and understand our Terms & Conditions as well as our Privacy Policy. Furthermore, you are agreeing to the contents and conditions listed in each.

MiniMacGiveaway.co.uk reserves the right to change its Terms & Conditions at any time, for any reason, without notice. We also reserve the right to change the methods through which free items are earned. This may include, but is not limited to, increasing the number of referrals you have to earn. We may also add or remove any product listed as an incentive at any time. If we replace a product, the new product may not be of equal value.

We reserve the right to change the products or offers at any time, for any reason.

I. Membership

1. All users must provide 100% accurate information.

2. All shipping addresses must be in the United Kingdom. Addresses outside the United Kingdom will not have items shipped to them.

3. Items may not be shipped to PO Boxes.

4. Only 1 account is allowed per shipping address. All accounts with the same shipping address will be placed on hold. There is no guarantee that they will ever be taken off of hold.

5. One person may not have more then 1 account at MiniMacGiveaway.co.uk, even if they provide different shipping addresses. If a person is suspected of having more then one account, all suspicious accounts will be placed on hold. There is no guarantee that they will ever be taken off of hold.

6. Referrals can not be transferred or donated from one account to another. Two or more accounts can not be merged into one account.

7. If your account is placed on hold, you are not permitted to create another account. Any user who is found to create an account when they already have an account that is on hold will be banned from MiniMacGiveaway.co.uk.

8. By registering for an account on MiniMacGiveaway.co.uk, you agree to receive any 3rd party messages that we wish to send to you. Including, but not limited to, 3rd party advertisements and offers.

9. Any unauthorized use, entry, or hacking into MiniMacGiveaway.co.uk is illegal and is punishable by law. The slightest violation of any law will provide sufficient impetus for us to prosecute the offender to the fullest extent of that law.

II. Offers

1. Receiving credit for an offer can not be guaranteed. If you believe that you have completed an offer correctly, please open a support ticket with your name, account name, e-mail address, offer completed, and the date that you have completed the offer. We will try to give you credit for that offer, but we can not guarantee that you will receive any form of credit.

2. Users must complete the offer by using the link provided by MiniMacGiveaway.co.uk. If you go to the web site directly, use another affiliates link, or go to the offer site by any means other then through this web site, we reserve the right not to give you credit for that offer.

3. Users are responsible for saving all confirmation e-mails received by affiliate companies. These e-mails might be needed in the case that manual credit for an offer needs to be given.

4. MiniMacGiveaway.co.uk is not responsible for any unknown or unexpected charges that you receive from one or more of our offers. Read the offers terms and conditions before signing up.

III. Products

1. MiniMacGiveaway.co.uk can not guarantee the availability of a product at the time of order. If a product is unavailable, you will be contacted and given an alernative option.

2. If any account is suspected of false information in order to gain referrals, that account will be placed on hold immediately. There is no guarantee that they will ever be taken off of hold.

3. Users may not receive more then one item.

4. In order to order and receive products, the user must currently live in the United Kingdom and provide an address within the United Kingdom.

5. Only one account per shipping address is allowed. If more then one account exists for the same shipping address, all of those accounts will be placed on hold. There is no guarantee that any of the accounts will ever be taken off of hold.

III. Orders

1. MiniMacGiveaway.co.uk is not responsible for lost orders due to, but not limited to, incorrect shipping addresses or faults on behalf of the shipping companies.

2. MiniMacGiveaway.co.uk does not take returns or exchanges.

IV. Other Information

1. MiniMacGiveaway.co.uk is allowed to place any account on hold for any reason.

2. MiniMacGiveaway.co.uk is allowed to deny credit for any offer for any reason.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box
    Yeah, I'll do that for you, because I have a strange urge to attract all of the spam in the world to my inbox! If you honestly believe what that site is selling then you need your head looking at! If you believe that the rest of us are going to too then you need your head looking at twice.
    I don't think that sort of response is called for. Simply saying you were not interested, or indeed saying nothing at all is all that was needed. No need to launch a personal 'attack'.

FYI, this scheme has been tried and tested by BBC Newsnight and found to work.

With regard to spam, that's why I had enough sense to use a different mailbox which will be deleted when the scheme is over.

I did ask moderators to delete the post if they didn't like it.

It was obviously a mistake to post here. Of course I would have benefitted, but, I thought some of the other users might have appreciated the chance of a free computer too. I meant no offence.

Now, shall we all try to play nicely again?

This is a great forum, lets not let silly disagreements spoil it.

Thank Post

Actually, I think you'll find he was being "ironic", which was injecting humour into the thread, and not a personal attack!!

Now, altogether.....

Calm down dear, it's just a commercial!!!

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by StewartKnight
    Actually, I think you'll find he was being "ironic", which was injecting humour into the thread, and not a personal attack!!
    Sorry, I don't find being told that I need my head looking at 'irony', I find it a personal insult. Maybe I'm being overly touchy?

I will comment no further on this. I suggest you all do the same.

Perhaps one of the moderators/admins could delete this thread altogether?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,828 Times in 1,135 Posts
    Blog Entries

I really don't want you to take offence at this (roughly translated as it makes no difference to me if you do) but BBC Newsnight may not be the world's best at realising how bloody annoying it is to get a heap of SPAM in your mailbox (BBC is seriously filtered IIRC), nor do they have to clear up a mail server after some daft bugger has decided to send this to all their mates and they get the spam too.

It is still a pyramid scheme ... and relies on you send stuff to 10 other poor gits ...

And whilst bandwidth isn't in the crushing situation we had with dial-up, the extra work on my spam filters is not appreciated when, instead of one eejit who has signed their life away to an eternity of dross about images that will make their manhood bigger or perhaps toys to make their manhood bigger for when the pictures / movies don't work or pills to keep it up longer or anti-depressants for when they realise that they need to make their manhood bigger and have help keeping it up or information about cars that are obviously an extension of the manhood they think they deserve or offers of loans so they can buy the aforementioned car or even loans to help with private medical issues including surgery on their manhood which means they won't need the pictures / tools / pills / cars / etc .... well .. you get the picture ... and this is now coming in to not only the original mailbox ... but 10 more.

And that was just a sample of what came in for one user this morning.

Thank Post

Just to let you all know, you've convinced me it was a poor idea and I shall be participating no more in this scheme. I'll be deleting the mailbox I set up for my registration and telling no-one else about it!

I had no idea that there was such bad feeling about these things - I stupidly didn't see through the testimonies of those people who say they got the free stuff and got carried away at the idea of a free way of getting a Mac to learn about OS X.

Unfortunately, living on a student income does that to you - can't often afford the things you'd like to learn about everything you want! I guess I'll just have to get a book instead!

Cheers.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

@crc-ict, I was being ironic, but a little acidly, for which I will apologise. I had a day of large tasks to do being interupted with lots of 'Could you just look at this please?' and 'Here is some new software, we need it on all the pc's by next week' x 3. Ite like that are simply harvesting data for new spam lists and the terms and conditions make it plain that they do not actually intend to give anything away at all.

Thank Post

Rightyho - think we'll leave it at that then...

[topic locked! - only pm one of the mods on this board if you have a really important point you want to make here ]

Regards y'all
    N.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread