+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Cartoon face generator in General; I've put this under general chat because it is not a technical problem, but does anyone know where I can ...

Thank Post

Cartoon face generator

I've put this under general chat because it is not a technical problem, but does anyone know where I can find one of these.

On another website I am building, I want cartoon faces of children scattered around the website. After extensive searching of the web, I have come up with two boys and a girl which isn't enough. Besides, they are all white and due to discrimination reasons they want at least one or two black cartoon kids faces on there and I cannot find any of these!

What would really help is a free generator in which I can specify things like age/race.

Thanks

James

Re: Cartoon face generator

Found some here

http://openclipart.org/cchost/media/...ldlabel_upload

You can always colourise some for a better range of colours.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by SYSMAN_MK
    Found some here

http://openclipart.org/cchost/media/...ldlabel_upload

You can always colourise some for a better range of colours.
    I must be terrible at using google ops: but i'll remember that website for future use. Open is always good

Thanks for that, those are perfect!

Thank Post

hey,

when you get your cartoon face generator up and running, do you think that you could tell us over at the open clip art library?

we like to blog about people using our clipart!

its not essential to do so, because all our images are PD, but if you want to help spread the word about the open clip art library when your generator gets up and running, that would be cool!

that link that was posted above by SYSMAN_MK shows all the raster versions that were originally uploaded to openclipart.org, if you look to the right of each item under the heading "samples are used in.." you can find vector based SVG's of each of the images that the openclipart.org crew have converted!

thanks,

ryanlerch

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by ryanlerch
    hey,

when you get your cartoon face generator up and running, do you think that you could tell us over at the open clip art library?

we like to blog about people using our clipart!

its not essential to do so, because all our images are PD, but if you want to help spread the word about the open clip art library when your generator gets up and running, that would be cool!

that link that was posted above by SYSMAN_MK shows all the raster versions that were originally uploaded to openclipart.org, if you look to the right of each item under the heading "samples are used in.." you can find vector based SVG's of each of the images that the openclipart.org crew have converted!

thanks,

ryanlerch
    I think you misunderstand, I'm not actually making a cartoon face generator, I was looking for one. I no longer need one though because of the ones SYSMAN_MK found on your website (it is yours I assume?).

The sites I am creating are primary (elementary) school websites and I will indeed inform you of what I have done with the images once the sites are properly up and running.

Thank Post

Out of interest, I was tasked with a similar job. But this was for some educational software I was writing for my girlfriend (head of English). I used actual photos of students and then 'cartoonised' them in photoshop.

Obviously, parental consent is a must in such situations...

Here is a tutorial for similar effects;

http://www.macmerc.com/articles/Graphics_Tips/209

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread