+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Choice? in General; I am recently looking at different game consoles. The new Xbox 360 or PS3 slim version. which one is better ...

Thank Post

Cool Choice?

I am recently looking at different game consoles. The new Xbox 360 or PS3 slim version. which one is better in image and sound quality? can someone suggest and provide specification of both of them, because it can be possible that iv missed to check all specs.
    thanks

Thank Post
    Surely it should be the quality of the games you should be considering - the image and sound quality difference between the two consoles is barely noticable and varys from game to game.

Personally if I had the chance to swap my xbox to a ps3 I would.

3. Thanks to tommej from:

aaridas (15th July 2010)

Thank Post
    I have both and I prefer the XBox for gaming. That's because there are more games available for it and I like the controller better.

Thank Post
    Own both, I prefer the PS3 simply because the online is free and i have more friends on the PS3 than Xbox. however the Xbox online is better but with fewer friends online with xbox I don't play it to much.

If i was going to buy one know this is what i would take into consideration:

1. what do your friends have, if you want to have a good online experience its worth taking this into account.
    2. do you want to pay for online play?
    3. are there any exclusives games you must have(Gran turismo 5 etc)?
    4. PS3 has BBC iplayer, but 360 has zune and sky player, which do you want?

p.s

i find the PS3 a better media player than the 360.

Thank Post
    It seems to depend on which was the leading platform during dev. Mostly it seems to be XBox. But as alt said, look at the games out and decide which you like the look of more. If you want to take a look at comparisons, Digital Foundry do face offs everynow and then to compare. Also do you want the option of a BluRay player. That seems to be the deciding factor for many, with many people I know using it for that alone now.

Thank Post
    There's only one way to find out - FIGHT!

Thank Post
    LOL. still undecided

Thank Post
    If you don't have a BlueRay player + HD TV already, PS3; because once you've had HD movies on the thing, you wont want to go back to DVD's!

Also, i've found the PS3 better for the media console. The XBox has the better online system for friends and online gameplay, but the PS3's online services are free.

Plus, you can upgrade the hard drive in a PS3 yourself (though I hear the new slim models have had this ability removed?) whereas the xbox is a bit of a bugger to do that, or you have to buy one of the official ones/use a USB one.

I prefer more games on the xbox, but I barely ever use it the xbox, I game on the PC. The PS3 gets used as a media/dvd/blue ray player more often than anything else.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    PS3 all the way for me

Chris

11. Thanks to CPLTD from:

aaridas (15th July 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydra View Post
    If you don't have a BlueRay player + HD TV already, PS3; because once you've had HD movies on the thing, you wont want to go back to DVD's!
    i wouldnt go that far its nice but unless you have a huge screen i dont find them that much better
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydra View Post
    I prefer more games on the xbox, but I barely ever use it the xbox, I game on the PC. The PS3 gets used as a media/dvd/blue ray player more often than anything else.
    depends if you have a media centre or not as a 360 connected to a media centre pc is very good

but personally id go for a 360 i havnt seen ay ps3 exclusives worth buying one for (and gt5 if its ever released wont be it ive had 1/2/4 and tbh they are ok but i prefer forza)

13. Thanks to sted from:

aaridas (15th July 2010)

Thank Post
    Having owned both consoles for quite a while now, I'd say that you should buy a PS3 to start off with.

My PS3 is my most played console now, I very rarely even turn my Xbox on. Admittedly, most of my friends are on the PS3 though but that isn't what primarily makes me turn a console on as I'm not a massive online gamer. It's £40 a year for an Xbox Live Gold Membership... so that's worth taking into consideration, especially if you're a cheapskate.

If you've not got a blu-ray player then it's definitely worth buying. As for exclusives, it depends on what kind of games you're into really. I really like the God of War and Uncharted series', Heavy Rain is epic and I'm a massive RPG fan so I had to buy Demon's Souls too. PSN download games that are good too include Braid, Fat Princess, Trine (also on PC) and Wipeout HD.

As everyone else has already said... the PS3 is a better media player than the 360 and I even like the PS3 interface better - it's fairly obvious where all of the options are located (unlike my Xbox which baffles me occasionally).

Thank Post
    If you have a home network and lots of downloaded media and vista or above then the 360 is fantastic at streaming vids and music from your main PC. I am buying a second one for our bedroom for this very reason.

Asda are selling blueray players for £60 now, so the flood of the bargain blueray throw away players is here.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICT_GUY View Post
    If you have a home network and lots of downloaded media and vista or above then the 360 is fantastic at streaming vids and music from your main PC. I am buying a second one for our bedroom for this very reason.

Asda are selling blueray players for £60 now, so the flood of the bargain blueray throw away players is here.
    or if you have a media centre pc throw a bd rom in there

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread