+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, Want to hear the most stupid comments that some one has ever said to you!!!!! in General; My old nan died some 6 or so years ago now, She had alzheimers and dimentia. But in the final ...

Thank Post
    My old nan died some 6 or so years ago now, She had alzheimers and dimentia.

But in the final years, she came over our house for xmas dinner, walked into the house, stood right next to the xmas tree, and proclaimed "Happy Easter!"

To this day with family gatherings, we always fire off the first toast as "Happy Easter!"

2. 5 Thanks to Rydra:

gizmo2005 (28th July 2010), ICT_GUY (6th July 2010), mark (5th August 2010), Pyroman (26th July 2010), stevenlong1985 (5th July 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 823 Posts
    A mate of mine once asked while drunk, "is it attack versus defence versus Arsenal?"

4. Thanks to LosOjos from:

gizmo2005 (28th July 2010)

Thank Post
    One of my esteemed colleagues, looking at a sandwich menu offering baguettes and paninis - "Are you going to have a bikini?"

6. 2 Thanks to SteveBentley:

gizmo2005 (28th July 2010), mark (5th August 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,455 Times in 1,716 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DSapseid View Post
    Ive also noticed how most of the posts in this tread relate to women!!!
    That's coz most of you are blokes! seriously, though, blokes tend not to do the 'idle chat' bit, unless drunk, so the likelihood of ridiculous comments is somewhat reduced. Although they are pretty good at technical bloopers, I find..
    A male friend of mine told me that he needed a bigger hard drive because that would make his computer go more quickly. I queried whether he meant RAM and explained what that was, but he was adamant!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 823 Posts
    Last week my mom purchased a new wireless router and argued with me for a good 15 minutes that she needed a USB cable to plug it in to her PC, claiming that the manual said so, which I obviously told her was wrong and that all she actually needed was an ethernet cable (I didn't go so far as explaining the technical name for the cable lol) to set it up and that she could use the existing cables from her old wired router to plug in the various PC's around the house to improve their connections. Eventually I gave up arguing and went round to set it up for her. The manual had a picture of a an RJ45 cable, which was included in the box (as stated next to the picture). I set it all up and she still argued that she needed a USB or "it won't be safe". So I unplugged it all, gave her a USB cable and left her for 15 minutes trying to find somewhere to plug it in

9. Thanks to LosOjos from:

mark (5th August 2010)

Thank Post
    [QUOTE=Hightower;537150]I had another beauty this morning:

Me: Shout downstairs "Have you finished straightening your hair?!"
    Her: "........... oh yeah"
    Me: "It's not a case of 'oh yeah', get your ass back up here and switch them off or you can phone the insurance company and explain why there's black smoke coming from our house!"

Sometimes I feel like I'm looking after a child. She made tea the other night and then left the oven on. I got home 3 hours later to a very very hot kitchen. QUOTE]
    [QUOTE=Hightower;537150]who threw a bucket of varnish at a wall with good reason!?QUOTE]

Sounds like you need an anger managment course. Theres no good reasons for throwing things about just because some has expressed an opinion.

Are you also not able to switch something off yourself, even if its your girlfriend whos left something on. A gentle reminder when you came downstairs along the lines of 'hey honey you've left you hair straightners on again. But I've switched them off for you' whould surely build a better relationship, rather than you just yelling at her again. I'm surprised she's not walking out!

11. 2 Thanks to Volkski:

gizmo2005 (28th July 2010), mark (5th August 2010)

Thank Post
    The wife was making a dent in the ironing pile over the weekend, and managed to burn a hole in my best pair of work trousers (they were the newest, and most comfortable ones!). Apparently the iron caught on it somehow.

But when she leaves something on like that, I generally respond sarcastically along the lines of "So you didn't want these curtains then?" "What?" "Well you left the hardryer in the windowsill and then closed the curtains over them. For future reference, if you want to replace the curtains, just do so. No need to set fire to the house to prove you don't want them anymore."

13. Thanks to Rydra from:

Thank Post
    There was a chap I worked with in a previous job that I had to explain that stars are a VERY long way away, and you won't hit them if you were just to go up in a shuttle. He was convinced they were just hanging above the Earth and you would have to be very careful not to hit one!

15. Thanks to docboggle from:

Thank Post
    To balance out the dumbass comments... My own personal, DIY favourite was when I berated my wife for not turning off her hair straightners for the 15th time only to have her walk downstairs from my den/workspace in the attic to casually mention the big pile of hot glue on my keyboard...

I'd left the glue gun plugged in, moved it and then gone downstairs...

Glass house? what glass?

17. Thanks to contink from:

Thank Post
    thanks every one for your posts and your ratings, very much appreciated, lets see how more we can get

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,455 Times in 1,716 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydra View Post
    The wife was making a dent in the ironing pile over the weekend, and managed to burn a hole in my best pair of work trousers (they were the newest, and most comfortable ones!). Apparently the iron caught on it somehow.
    ...nicely leaving yourself wide open to the comment...
    "Do your own b****y ironing"

Thank Post
    My better half asked me if denmark was in europe, this was right after being totally confused as to why they were calling the netherlands holland while watching the world cup, geographically she's not that bright at all.

She also didn't "get" shrek, yes shrek, shes ok with finding nemo though .......

21. Thanks to mrbios from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Volkski View Post
    Sounds like you need an anger managment course. Theres no good reasons for throwing things about just because some has expressed an opinion.

Are you also not able to switch something off yourself, even if its your girlfriend whos left something on. A gentle reminder when you came downstairs along the lines of 'hey honey you've left you hair straightners on again. But I've switched them off for you' whould surely build a better relationship, rather than you just yelling at her again. I'm surprised she's not walking out!
    ROFL - If I want relationship advice from a stranger, I'll ask for it. Until that day.....

Thank Post
    Little sister one day mentioned "I like the tuna, but not the fish". I dont know what she was thinking!

24. Thanks to Disaster from:

Thank Post
    A friend as me a few years ago what time the bank would be open on Bank Holiday Monday . . . .

26. Thanks to jamin100 from:

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast