+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Its almost budget time.... in General; Vince Cable - Treasury Poodle !!!! HA HA HA...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Vince Cable - Treasury Poodle !!!! HA HA HA

Thank Post
    *Naive hat on*

So, to me that isnt that bad, would someone explain why everyone is so annoyed by it? Maybe Aerospacemango as you seem to be quite riled up by it lol!

Thank Post
    lmao at her now; attack anyone and everyone. Shes an absolute joke (pretty suited to her party). Im laughing my socks off but its actually quite scary that she is someone who has a say in the running of our country
    Last edited by john; 22nd June 2010 at 02:02 PM. Reason: just keep the language chilled please :)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CHR1S View Post
    *Naive hat on*

So, to me that isnt that bad, would someone explain why everyone is so annoyed by it? Maybe Aerospacemango as you seem to be quite riled up by it lol!
    IME most people of that opinion are still blinkered by Maggie. Even living where i live im yet to meet anyone who can express a reasonable arguement against the tories, only falling back on the same worn out record of "the miners and the railways." Boohoo, im living in the 21st century, i couldnt care less what happened in the past. Plus everyone seemed to do ok back then, house prices certainly wernt at 10x the average wage, and national debt wasnt at the rediculas level it is now...
    Last edited by j17sparky; 22nd June 2010 at 01:53 PM.

5. Thanks to j17sparky from:

torledo (22nd June 2010)

Thank Post
    Lib Dems should be ashamed of themselves.....

But we will do anything to get a top job...... Quite disgusting.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    IME most people of that opinion are still blinkered by Maggie. Even living where i live im yet to meet anyone who can express a reasonable arguement against the tories, only falling back on the same worn out record of the miners and the railway.
    Leopards and spots spring to mind..........

Just out of interest, How old are the participants of this thread? I'm guessing some, if not most, are under 30?

I will write a separate thread which will detail exactly why the Tory Party are the curse of the last 30 years. Labour may not have been perfect, but the system that they were left with was one that was destroyed in the 80's by Maggie and her cronies.

It's not ALL about the miners and the railways. It's about British Gas, British Telecom, British Airways, the Water Board etc etc etc.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 922 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CHR1S View Post
    No tax increase on the essentials, beer, fags and petrol lol!
    Not quite true, no direct tax increase on them but VAT increase thus they will all go up in January 2011 with the VAT increase

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aerospacemango View Post

Just out of interest, How old are the participants of this thread? I'm guessing some, if not most, are under 30?

I will write a separate thread which will detail exactly why the Tory Party are the curse of the last 30 years. Labour may not have been perfect, but the system that they were left with was one that was destroyed in the 80's by Maggie and her cronies.

It's not ALL about the miners and the railways. It's about British Gas, British Telecom, British Airways, the Water Board etc etc etc.
    Indeed, don't forget to mention the deregulation of banks under Maggie & Ronnie. The very reason for them going out of control to start with....
    As part of the Thatcher Revolution, the national economy has out-sourced, de-industrialized and turned to a service economy & the consequences for the UK will include soaring unemployment, while the economy teeters on the brink of full-blown deflation. Unemployment will rise by more than 900,000 people over the next 12 months, driving the jobless total to 2.55 million by the end of the year, or 8.2 per cent of the workforce.
    Thanks George - you muppet.
    Last edited by mattx; 22nd June 2010 at 02:01 PM.

Thank Post
    So a pay freeze for two years and vat up. Great, just great.

Thank Post

Please do Like i say, i honestly am yet to hear a single reasoned debate on the subject.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    Indeed, don't forget to mention the deregulation of banks under Maggie & Ronnie. The very reason for them going out of control to start with....
    Labour had 13 years to correct that, did they even try? For me that arguement doesnt carry any weight whatsoever. Fair enough if labour had put it "right", just not in time, or had even tried to do it, but they didnt.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,197 Times in 812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sippo View Post
    So a pay freeze for two years and vat up. Great, just great.
    Of course, the next blow will be that on top of the pay freeze, we'll get little or no increase in line with inflation either, yet another way they can rip us all off. It's ok though, because they dangled the increased tax-free personal allowance carrot, you know, the one that barely puts a dent in the VAT increase, frozen wages and (I'm guessing) the fact we won't get any rise for inflation.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 1,919 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Of course, the next blow will be that on top of the pay freeze, we'll get little or no increase in line with inflation either, yet another way they can rip us all off. It's ok though, because they dangled the increased tax-free personal allowance carrot, you know, the one that barely puts a dent in the VAT increase, frozen wages and (I'm guessing) the fact we won't get any rise for inflation.
    Erm. The pay freeze is on the inflation related increases - ie. there won't be any. I doubt it'd affect people changing grades, as that is tied to their contracts FWIK.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,197 Times in 812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Erm. The pay freeze is on the inflation related increases - ie. there won't be any. I doubt it'd affect people changing grades, as that is tied to their contracts FWIK.
    I took it to mean that the pay freeze was to stop people progressing through spinal points, is it not?

Thank Post
    Yes, I am under 30... I look forward to your thread, as you seem to be the only one so far willing to try to explain why lol

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast