Poll: Are you looking forward to the World Cup?

+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, Are you looking forward to the world cup?! in General; England has as much chance of winning as Murry has of winning Wimbledon. Both have the ability but will blow ...

Thank Post
    England has as much chance of winning as Murry has of winning Wimbledon. Both have the ability but will blow the opportunity.

Thank Post
    ugh i hate football its such a boring sport, and why do people keep telling me that the football isnt on all year round every year? its always on therefore its always football season pfft. ill be going to the gym when i finish work, and plan not to watch the England match either.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flakes View Post
    ugh i hate football its such a boring sport, and why do people keep telling me that the football isnt on all year round every year? its always on therefore its always football season pfft. ill be going to the gym when i finish work, and plan not to watch the England match either.
    Good for you, thanks for sharing.

Thank Post
    So will i but they are showing as many matches as possible and i should be able to catch the second half of the South Africa vs Mexico match

Thank Post
    where were the SA defence for the equalising goal. shocking defending, they left three mexican's unmarked in the box when they were defending a one goal lead.

they were unlucky to not go 2-0 mind you. looked like one of their guys was held back when through on goal. but then if you get a shot in it's probably more unlikely the ref gives a pen for shirt pulling.

i fear there are too many very avg. teams for my liking at the world cup. tomorrow will be a good match though, the USA are much better than avg. I'm actually picking them to go far in the tournament.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    Good for you, thanks for sharing.
    i wish he hadn't.

can't tell you how much i despise this 'i hate football and i'll be doing something much more important with my time' superiority complex that exists at every major tournament.

why people feel the need to add such comments does perplex me. Is it supposed to convince football fans not to watch the tournament. shut yer gobs, seriously.

Thank Post
    Well, I correctly predicted the score for the opening game (Not on here I might add). I'm gunning for the country that makes Homer Simpson laugh in the next game, but I think it will be another 1-1 draw.

Roll on tomorrow evening. The energy and Adrenaline is already pumping through my veins. Damn I love Football!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by torledo View Post
    i wish he hadn't.

can't tell you how much i despise this 'i hate football and i'll be doing something much more important with my time' superiority complex that exists at every major tournament.

why people feel the need to add such comments does perplex me. Is it supposed to convince football fans not to watch the tournament. shut yer gobs, seriously.
    That isnt what i said, and im not trying to convince anyone.. simply i dont like it therefore im not watching it. although you do bring up a good point, its just a game its not important, there are many more useful things you could do with that time spent wasted at watching a football match.

Thank Post
    That isnt what i said, and im not trying to convince anyone.. simply i dont like it therefore im not watching it. although you do bring up a good point, its just a game its not important, there are many more useful things you could do with that time spent wasted at watching a football match.
    But surely, if that's what torledo and the others here want to do, then in their eyes it's not a waste of time. We're not all made the same and that's what makes life interesting/bearable. I find F1 unfathomable, as in my eyes it's just some blokes driving round in a circle for a couple of hours, but I'm not going to tell those who like it that they're wasting their time. It's a big world and there's room for everybody.

For those who don't like football, lighten up, find something else to do which appeals to you, unless of course what appeals to you lies in the fact of you telling others what you feel they should be doing.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123