+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, 'Can't lose' bet anyone? in General; First of all, I probably should put something like 'gamble responsibly, it's a mugs game and you'll only end up ...

Thank Post

'Can't lose' bet anyone?

First of all, I probably should put something like 'gamble responsibly, it's a mugs game and you'll only end up losing in the long run', but this has to be worth a go;

888 Sport are currently doing an offer for new customers only where you can place a 20 bet and if you win, you win, if you don't win you get your 20 stake refunded. Read the T's and C's and the withdrawel policy before you deposit any money. As is usual with these sorts of sites they may want a scanned in version of some photo ID before you can withdraw money, and if you're sensible you will withdraw everything and close your account after your first bet has either been paid out or refunded.

Online betting | place your bet with 888sport the online bookmakers

All the best!

I've put my 20 on Rooney to score in both halves of the USA match at 9-1. Unlikely to happen, but not impossible and I get 200 if he does!

Thank Post
    I hope you checked the T&Cs very carefully as they usually have a clause that says you have to put the amount they give you back through x number of times before you can withdraw. So putting 20 in you would then have to make another x number of 20 bets and then then you can withdraw the 20. Great if you win each time but not so much if you lose.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Terms & Conditions
    13. 888sport reserve the right to cancel, modify or suspend this promotion at any stage without prior notice.
    Play bet, promotion cancelled, you don't win and don't get a refund!

mb

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawloms View Post
    I've put my 20 on Rooney to score in both halves of the USA match at 9-1. Unlikely to happen, but not impossible and I get 200 if he does!
    You got 10-1 odds on a bet like that?! It certainly is a mugs game then!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 729 Posts
    I'm never placing a low odds bet at the bookies again, there've been too many cases lately where people have simply had their bets voided because the bookies didn't want to pay up, it shouldn't be legal to do that!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 729 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    You got 10-1 odds on a bet like that?! It certainly is a mugs game then!
    9-1, he even says it in the post

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    9-1, he even says it in the post
    Ah, my bad. I read that as Rooney to score in both halfs and a 9-1 win to England when I first read it. That's where I was thinking 200/20 = 10-1 odds (but 9-1 including stake so my bad maths again), and that's when I thought a 9-1 scoreline with Rooney to score twice, I'd want to be picking up at least 10k for a 20 stake! haha.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,306 Times in 1,088 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TechMonkey View Post
    I hope you checked the T&Cs very carefully as they usually have a clause that says you have to put the amount they give you back through x number of times before you can withdraw. So putting 20 in you would then have to make another x number of 20 bets and then then you can withdraw the 20. Great if you win each time but not so much if you lose.
    I agree with TechMonkey, there's always a catch. if you are a betting person, that's okay, there's not normally a time limit on the deal, as they want your custom forever and ever, but nothing is free. In my experience at least. I've taken advantage of some deals like this, and usually the money is tied up there, i just use it as an occasional bet like grand national for instance.

I'd check the offer out, but it's blocked in my country !! maybe for the better cos it is a mugs game. (betting, not football :P )

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TechMonkey View Post
    That's what I assumed too, and spent ages looking for as I know that is the 'norm', but there's nothing in the T's and C's about having to deposit before you can withdraw.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,306 Times in 1,088 Posts
    The best thing to do, is only take up the offer, if you are happy to bet and lose 20. If so, then anything else is a bonus.
    Another, better way to take advantage is using some of the affiliate schemes that pay a bonus / reward for signing up through their site, e.g. cashback, nectar or some such. again, you can't rely on the fact you'll get the reward, but if you are going to bet anyway, it's worth a go.
    never take part on the hopes of a reward, as if it fails, you'll be gutted. kind of like betting really, so i guess it's a fitting example.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread