+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 92
General Chat Thread, Stupid Football! in General; Originally Posted by tech_guy Here, all you footy lovers - here's the perfect accessory for you: Play.com (UK) : Inflatable ...
  1. #76
    AyatollahPies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    900
    Thank Post
    48
    Thanked 105 Times in 95 Posts
    Rep Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    Here, all you footy lovers - here's the perfect accessory for you:

    Play.com (UK) : Inflatable Wife (World Cup Version) : Gadgets - Free Delivery
    And what about the many female fans?

  2. #77
    CAM
    CAM is offline

    CAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Burgh Heath, Surrey
    Posts
    4,009
    Thank Post
    799
    Thanked 343 Times in 267 Posts
    Blog Entries
    60
    Rep Power
    278
    Ahhhh there will be plenty of these threads. I believe the following sums it up nicely:

    Code:
    Popular or Traditional subject + Internet Discussion = Everyone turning round to say they hate it to claim they aren't sheep or righteous
    Discussions about topics like religion, Microsoft and human rights to name but a few end up the same way on the Internet.

  3. #78
    Sarconia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    315
    Thank Post
    15
    Thanked 34 Times in 31 Posts
    Rep Power
    15
    Haha but what kind of woman would actually want an inflatable husband? I certainly wouldn't, it'd take up too much space on my sofa for starters

    This hype happens every 4 years when the world cup comes along, it's just one of those inevitable things, a bit like Xmas. I don't know why people get annoyed about it and start ranting as you know it's coming and that you'll just have to live with it. Personally I'm not a big fan of football, as with all sports I'd much rather be playing the sport than sitting on my butt watching it. Although I don't let all of this hype get to me, if you're into football then good for you, get out there and go for it! If not, just chill out and continue doing whatever it is that you were doing to start with. There's no need to start an argument.

  4. #79

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    2,160
    Thank Post
    98
    Thanked 318 Times in 260 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarconia View Post
    Haha but what kind of woman would actually want an inflatable husband? I certainly wouldn't, it'd take up too much space on my sofa for starters

    This hype happens every 4 years when the world cup comes along, it's just one of those inevitable things, a bit like Xmas. I don't know why people get annoyed about it and start ranting as you know it's coming and that you'll just have to live with it. Personally I'm not a big fan of football, as with all sports I'd much rather be playing the sport than sitting on my butt watching it. Although I don't let all of this hype get to me, if you're into football then good for you, get out there and go for it! If not, just chill out and continue doing whatever it is that you were doing to start with. There's no need to start an argument.
    It's either a rant to get the frustration out now and then, or a potential killing spree after months of bottling it up.

  5. #80

    HarryMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bedford
    Posts
    1,108
    Thank Post
    53
    Thanked 206 Times in 156 Posts
    Rep Power
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    Here, all you footy lovers - here's the perfect accessory for you:

    Play.com (UK) : Inflatable Wife (World Cup Version) : Gadgets - Free Delivery
    No thanks. I already have a wife that's full of hot air.

  6. Thanks to HarryMonkey from:

    CHR1S (10th June 2010)

  7. #81
    capncrunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    118
    Thank Post
    6
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Rep Power
    12
    Is it really any suprise that the majority of members on a forum dedicated to IT and geekiness don't like football? or any thing remotley related to sport/outdoor activity for that matter!?!

    But on a personal level though I can't get enough of playing or watching football so...

    COME ON ENGLAND!!!

  8. #82

    tech_guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Posts
    8,130
    Thank Post
    1,907
    Thanked 1,341 Times in 740 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    394
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenewman View Post
    No thanks. I already have a wife that's full of hot air.
    Ah, yes, but will she go down on you like this one will?!?!

  9. #83

    aerospacemango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    1,994
    Thank Post
    283
    Thanked 249 Times in 200 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenewman View Post
    Well, sorry to upset the party, but I love footy and can't wait for the World Cup to start. For me,this time of year normally represents a footy wilderness as I wait for the new season to start in August. I am a season ticket holder and go to every home game.

    For those of you who don't like it, do what I do when I find something I dislike ... ignore it and let those that do, enjoy it in peace. As for the petty minded individuals who are going running off to their local councils at the first sight of an England flag, lighten up, what harm is it doing you?
    Hear hear, Steve!

    I'm loving the fact that we are little more than 24 hours away from the biggest footballing jamboree since 2006!

    For all those who dislike football, try the "OFF" button!!! Or have a butchers at CH4 & 5....or even any channel on Sky....Yes, they'll ALL have a bit of a World Cup theme on, but I'm sure that for the ladies amongst you, there will be plenty of coverage of Sex and the City etc etc etc, ad nauseum!!!

    Come on England!!!

  10. #84

    webman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    8,400
    Thank Post
    636
    Thanked 961 Times in 661 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by aerospacemango View Post
    For all those who dislike football, try the "OFF" button!!!
    If only football was exclusively on the telly. Or if there was an OFF button when you go down the town, into shops, on the web... it's everywhere. There is no escape.

  11. #85

    aerospacemango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    1,994
    Thank Post
    283
    Thanked 249 Times in 200 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by solitaire89 View Post
    I would have commented about the other "artists" mentioned above too, but this was a football related thread! I just feel that there are people in this world that do jobs that are more deserving of a salary of that nature.
    Dam right......But that is not the way the world works is it?

    I think it's obvious that anyone with their head screwed on properly, would like to see critical jobs paid what they're worth. No footballer is worth 200 000 a week, no matter how good they are. BUT, that is the world we live in. That is the world that the free market economy gives us.

  12. #86

    aerospacemango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    1,994
    Thank Post
    283
    Thanked 249 Times in 200 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by webman View Post
    If only football was exclusively on the telly. Or if there was an OFF button when you go down the town, into shops, on the web... it's everywhere. There is no escape.
    Of course there is an escape. Ok, so you may have to put up with a couple of minutes at the end (or beginning of the news) or maybe Eastenders will be postponed until after the match, but football is , by far, the most popular sport in this country, and is the true working class man's game (Though it has been burgled by Mr Murdoch and his Sky regime....Don't get me started on that!!!).

    Check out the highest rated programs since TV was invented, and in this country you will find that a majority of them will be football related.....England - related......So, as part of the majority, I believe that every 4 years, it is a small sacrifice for the football - haters to make.

  13. #87

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    2,160
    Thank Post
    98
    Thanked 318 Times in 260 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by aerospacemango View Post
    Check out the highest rated programs since TV was invented, and in this country you will find that a majority of them will be football related.....England - related......So, as part of the majority, I believe that every 4 years, it is a small sacrifice for the football - haters to make.
    See, now this is the problem with that cursed democracy thing. The happy majority get to ignore the grouchy minority, completely unfair I tell you!

    Edit: Note that this comment was written by one of the grouchy minority.

  14. #88

    aerospacemango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    1,994
    Thank Post
    283
    Thanked 249 Times in 200 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    295
    I think it's probably time we moved over to a benign dictatorship!

    Gotta be the best way.....as long as the dictator is a football lover, and allows us to keep the World Cup on the telly


  15. #89

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    2,160
    Thank Post
    98
    Thanked 318 Times in 260 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by aerospacemango View Post
    I think it's probably time we moved over to a benign dictatorship!

    Gotta be the best way.....as long as the dictator is a football lover, and allows us to keep the World Cup on the telly

    I can count on your support then?

    I agree completely with keeping the World Cup on the telly (not having one myself), but would pass a law requiring all towns to have at least one pub which does not have a television, and has a selection of real ales and whiskey. State-sponsored if necessary.

  16. Thanks to jamesb from:

    powdarrmonkey (10th June 2010)

  17. #90
    solitaire89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    334
    Thank Post
    35
    Thanked 26 Times in 23 Posts
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesb View Post
    ..has a selection of real ales and whiskey.
    Only if one of them is Bowmore

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Football Template
    By Hightower in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 16th April 2009, 04:53 PM
  2. Football Referees
    By Maz in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 6th February 2009, 10:11 PM
  3. Football Script
    By Hightower in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11th July 2008, 02:33 PM
  4. Football Manager!
    By stujoslin13 in forum Gaming
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 14th April 2008, 01:18 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •