+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Can you be too paranoid? in General; https://www.microsoft.com/communitie...g=en&cr=us&p=1 Enjoy. It certainly made us at the BETT stand smile....

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,302 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Blog Entries

Can you be too paranoid?

https://www.microsoft.com/communitie...g=en&cr=us&p=1

Enjoy. It certainly made us at the BETT stand smile.

Thank Post

Re: Can you be too paranoid?

LOL oh dear

My favorite part:
    "I then found even my bios or cmos was controlled
    since when I set the first boot devise to CD-Rom, non floppy dick, report no
    FDD to win95,disbled the FDC"

yes, im childish

Thank Post

hehehe

sidewinder said 'floppy'

Thank Post

"Department manager of a fortune 500 company", I'm guessing not the IT department..........

So he disconnected from net, formatted, then flushed the bios, and he still thinks someone has control?

Chris

Thank Post

Years ago when my son worked for a company providing telephone technical support for a major PC supplier he took a call from a customer who was convinced that he was being watched by 'them'; he claimed his PC monitor was acting as a video camera and 'they' could see him through the monitor & were watching what he was doing everytime he sat in front of his PC. The customer was asking for a new monitor.........without a camera in it.

I never did find out what the outcome was.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by broc
    Years ago when my son worked for a company providing telephone technical support for a major PC supplier he took a call from a customer who was convinced that he was being watched by 'them'; he claimed his PC monitor was acting as a video camera and 'they' could see him through the monitor & were watching what he was doing everytime he sat in front of his PC. The customer was asking for a new monitor.........without a camera in it.

I never did find out what the outcome was.
    Obsessive compulsive disorder can cause things like this as well.

Chances are that the above and the post that Dox Box linked to were asked so someone could just confirm to them that they weren't being watched. They know what they are asking is stupid and really they know the correct answer deep down, but just can't help but ask due to worrying about it.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC
    "Department manager of a fortune 500 company", I'm guessing not the IT department..........

So he disconnected from net, formatted, then flushed the bios, and he still thinks someone has control?

Chris
    Maybe the cleaning department?

... wait i've got it, neurotic, paranoid, over-convinced of their ability, unwilling to see reason despite it being slapped in their face like a wet kipper, obsessive compulsive, they must be the head of the HR department! OR a teacher! (cringes, waiting for angry backlash!!!)

Thank Post

Mmm.. I look after a 10+ year old net forum that by it's nature, tends to attract a more obesssive crowd than usual and we do get a few paranoid folk. One is extreme (meandering tales of plots to kill her) and although it's mildly entertaining at first glance, you have to pity them.. there but for the grace of.. etc.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by PiqueABoo
    Mmm.. I look after a 10+ year old net forum that by it's nature, tends to attract a more obesssive crowd than usual and we do get a few paranoid folk. One is extreme (meandering tales of plots to kill her) and although it's mildly entertaining at first glance, you have to pity them.. there but for the grace of.. etc.
    I think many simply just do not realise what they are going through. It is not considered an illness as much as it is considered just being 'stupid' or 'pathetic'.

Usually they are aware of the stupidity of what they are doing, but just feel the need/compulsion to do it anyway. They are aware of what the reality of the situation probably is, but just because of the off chance that their paranoid feelings might be right, they worry to excess - it is not a nice feeling I'm sure.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information