+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Getting a post removed? in General; What's the best way to get a message posted to a forum removed? I have posted something which is duplicated ...
    theeldergeek

Getting a post removed?

What's the best way to get a message posted to a forum removed?

I have posted something which is duplicated by someone elsewhere, and it seems utterly pointless in both posts existing, so I feel the one to be posted at the later date (i.e. mine) should be deleted.

Unfortunately, there is no option (that I can see) to remove the post/thread by the thread starter, and as it isn't rude, harassing, spam etc, then contacting the admins/mods via the "report" method seems a little OTT

Should I message a Mod directly, or is there another, perhaps more appropriate route I can take?
    Last edited by theeldergeek; 6th June 2010 at 10:54 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Reporting it's the easiest method IMO. It's no biggie. All the mods are notified and one of us, the first to see it/ that has time to sort it.. just acts on your request. It's just part of the service. I think once someone replies you're not able to delete it yourself.

(I deleted your thread TEG )
    Last edited by mark; 6th June 2010 at 11:04 PM.

3. Thanks to mark from:

theeldergeek
    Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    Reporting it's the easiest method IMO. It's no biggie. All the mods are notified and one of us, the first to see it/ that has time to sort it.. just acts on your request. It's just part of the service. I think once someone replies you're not able to delete it yourself.

(I deleted your thread TEG )
    Well, I've done just that with two posts in the Mac forums, and they are still there. Without going into great detail, I have found the answer to both questions, and they really aren't worth sharing, because they involve the new iMac's being incompatible with the image I have due to a change in operating system. So it's not a case of "here is how I fixed it", it's a case of here is how Apple fixed me! Thus, the posts can be removed because anyone trying to help find the answer(s) will probably be wasting their time... soooo, could they be removed please?

EDIT : Sods law, one has been removed, so I expect the other is now in the pipeline. Yes Mods do have lives aside from Edugeek..
    Last edited by theeldergeek; 8th June 2010 at 06:39 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,823 Posts
    The other one is now gone...
    Reporting is still the best idea - in this case a post explaining what has happened is good, too
    I'm modding whilst eating my dinner before going out and playing 1st French Horn (with solos) in a concert....

theeldergeek
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    The other one is now gone...
    Reporting is still the best idea - in this case a post explaining what has happened is good, too
    I'm modding whilst eating my dinner before going out and playing 1st French Horn (with solos) in a concert....
    Thanks everso.... wish I could play an instrument; tried the saxaphone but I'm all fingers and thumbs. Ended up with the harmonica, but never progressed beyond "wonderful world" by Louis Armstrong! I had the guitar in my sights once, classical/spanish, but that's too much plucking for my stubby digits!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread