+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Video camera DVD LP-SP in General; I've been given the task of recording some presentations which are due to last apx 45 mins and we have ...

Thank Post

Video camera DVD LP-SP

I've been given the task of recording some presentations which are due to last apx 45 mins and we have a DVD camcorder on which to do it. The problem is that we only have a couple of 30min disks on which to record and I need to buy some more. Looking at the camera it does support LP.

The recordings are to be transferred onto a standard DVD disk and as usual it has been done last minute so I'll have to get the money from petty cash. I haven't been able to find 60 min disks within petty cash budget (20) but have been able to price up some 30 mins mini DVD disks.

So my question is this can I get some more 30 mins disk and choose to record on LP to provide me with 60 mins recording time and then transfer this onto a standard DVD disk?

Sorry if this is obvisous, but I just need a second opinion as I've never used mini DVD's before.

Thank Post
    Can anyone confirm I can do this?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 2,187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yes you should be able to do this fine it will just impact the quality. We had a DVDR camcorder at one point with a play on and a slightly damaged disk, after using all sorts of computer tools I ended up using my Sony HD/DVDR to copy from the damaged disk to a propper DVD.

Unless the cammera records in some ultra weird format they usually all record in a player readable format so it should still be standard MPEG2 just at a lower bitrate.

4. Thanks to SYNACK from:

penfold (3rd June 2010)

Thank Post
    Aha, thought so, just wanted to check. So in theory I can just do a straight copy from the mini DVD to standard DVD no problems(top notch quality is not needed, it's just for referencing).

Thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 2,187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by penfold View Post
    Aha, thought so, just wanted to check. So in theory I can just do a straight copy from the mini DVD to standard DVD no problems(top notch quality is not needed, it's just for referencing).

Thanks
    So long as the sessions on the DVD are propperly finalized so that they are playable on a DVD player then yes this should work fine. Its usually just an option on one of the cammera menus. If it is only ever going to be played on only fancy DVR type players then you may not even need to do this.

Thank Post
    My understanding is that presentations are to be recorded and put onto DVD for the purpose of evidence for the exam board. I'm assuming it is only to be used on a standard DVD player.

But if the only thing LP will affect is the quality I'm happy with that. I dont have any blank DVD's yet to transfer them onto yet so I'll worry about that next week

Thanks again

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread