+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26
General Chat Thread, The Cinema: "Oh wow I must see that! Wait, it's not on anymore???" in General; Originally Posted by aptproductions Oh, and I want to see the A-Team so long as it's not going to be ...
  1. #16

    Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bromley
    Posts
    4,020
    Thank Post
    212
    Thanked 1,164 Times in 758 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by aptproductions View Post
    Oh, and I want to see the A-Team so long as it's not going to be as disappointing as the current series of Knight Rider .. I mean, what is all that about?! KITT never transformed like that .. I want the old KITT back, and the Hoff! lol ..
    *ahem*

    Super Pursuit Mode would beg to differ...

    YouTube - SUPER PURSUIT MODE AND K.I.T.T.

  2. #17
    soveryapt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    2,356
    Thank Post
    617
    Thanked 274 Times in 241 Posts
    Rep Power
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    *ahem*

    Super Pursuit Mode would beg to differ...

    YouTube - SUPER PURSUIT MODE AND K.I.T.T.
    I'll watch that later, but I meant from car to pickup truck?!

    But you have to agree, it was better with the Hoff! lol ..

  3. #18

    Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bromley
    Posts
    4,020
    Thank Post
    212
    Thanked 1,164 Times in 758 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    481
    Well the tech has had 20 years to improve ;-)

    I know what you mean, but moaning about a lack of realism in knight rider is probably futile...

  4. #19
    soveryapt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    2,356
    Thank Post
    617
    Thanked 274 Times in 241 Posts
    Rep Power
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Well the tech has had 20 years to improve ;-)

    I know what you mean, but moaning about a lack of realism in knight rider is probably futile...
    lol .. tis true ..

  5. #20
    Tyiell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Like everyone in IT - I'm omnipresent...
    Posts
    373
    Thank Post
    147
    Thanked 67 Times in 44 Posts
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    I know what you mean, but moaning about a lack of realism in knight rider is probably futile...
    Why? My car talks to me... Admittedly it's not quite such a smooth talker, so I nicknamed it KLUNK rather than KITT...

  6. Thanks to Tyiell from:

    Rydra (28th May 2010)

  7. #21

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,962
    Thank Post
    159
    Thanked 152 Times in 116 Posts
    Rep Power
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete10141748 View Post
    I pay for an "Unlimited" CineWorld card, so see almost everything on the day it comes out
    After paying only 15 a month to go see as many films as I want as many times as I want, I'd never go back to paying 8 to see a single film now.

    As for showing durations, 8 weeks is tons of time to get to see a film, these days 12 weeks is pushing it from my POV especially with the sheer volume of titles that get released on a weekly basis.
    I really, really wish Vue and the others would do a similar scheme. Even if it cost more and had restrictions I'd still be all over it in an instant. But as they dont then they just get my custom once every few months. Missing a trick I reckon

  8. #22

    LeMarchand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The deepest pits of hell
    Posts
    2,020
    Thank Post
    284
    Thanked 293 Times in 213 Posts
    Rep Power
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
    I really, really wish Vue and the others would do a similar scheme. Even if it cost more and had restrictions I'd still be all over it in an instant.
    Me too, though not sure about the restrictions. I read a claim online that CineWorld have some sort of copyright on the "unlimited card" concept. Seems a bit hard to believe, though.

    Forgot "The Last Airbender" on my list.

  9. #23

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,962
    Thank Post
    159
    Thanked 152 Times in 116 Posts
    Rep Power
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by LeMarchand View Post
    Me too, though not sure about the restrictions. I read a claim online that CineWorld have some sort of copyright on the "unlimited card" concept. Seems a bit hard to believe, though.
    Well, restrictions within reason. Like not being able to go on day of release or it not being valid on friday nights or something. That would be understandable. The copyright does seem rather far fetched, yes!

    In cinema news I finally went to see Four Lions last night at my local independant place. Really, really good

  10. #24


    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,105
    Thank Post
    256
    Thanked 450 Times in 251 Posts
    Rep Power
    141
    I looked at the unlimited ticket for cineworld, as I have 3 cinema's within reasonable distance of me, and 2 of them are cineworlds, not sure what the other is, never been there.

    But my problem is, there will be one month (like now) with half a dozen movies i'd like to see, then there probably wont be any more for 2-3 months. The scheme is minimum 12 month contract. November/december tends to be a good movie time too.

  11. #25

    LeMarchand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The deepest pits of hell
    Posts
    2,020
    Thank Post
    284
    Thanked 293 Times in 213 Posts
    Rep Power
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydra View Post
    But my problem is, there will be one month (like now) with half a dozen movies i'd like to see, then there probably wont be any more for 2-3 months. The scheme is minimum 12 month contract. November/december tends to be a good movie time too.
    Same here, but I figured that there's always movies that I think "I'll wait for Sky" that I could watch at the cinema, plus it would be a good way to watch movies that get good reviews but that I might not want to pay out to see.

  12. #26


    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,105
    Thank Post
    256
    Thanked 450 Times in 251 Posts
    Rep Power
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by LeMarchand View Post
    Same here, but I figured that there's always movies that I think "I'll wait for Sky" that I could watch at the cinema, plus it would be a good way to watch movies that get good reviews but that I might not want to pay out to see.
    It might make me leave the house a little bit more, that's for sure!

    Anyone know, when you get the unlimited card, how do they tie the card to you? Do they make it into a photo ID style card, or just a name on a ticket, that I might for example be able to pawn off to someone else when they goto the cinema?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 4th May 2010, 01:21 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11th September 2009, 09:01 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11th August 2009, 11:08 AM
  4. "Error 403" & "Moved to here" message
    By tech_guy in forum Windows
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 24th January 2008, 01:07 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28th September 2006, 07:06 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •