+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Lost Finale (No Spoilers) in General; It sure was good. It actually made sense and was a fitting ending. I won't post spoilers incase people who ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Lost Finale (No Spoilers)

It sure was good. It actually made sense and was a fitting ending. I won't post spoilers incase people who want to watch it haven't seen it yet.

Although now all the Lost haters are going to bombard me with comments, oh well

Thank Post
    I enjoyed the ending enough ambiguity to leave it open to interpretation.

Hard to say much without spoiling anything but a few things did annoy me but not enough to ruin what I've found to be a great Series.
    Its not about the ending its the journey and with that in mind the whole Dharma initiative part of this series was my highlight. Followed closely by the original Hatch storyline and the button that had to be pushed.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 825 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It was good upto the last 10 minutes. The ending upset me big style. It was everything they promised it wouldn't be when the series launched 6 years ago. Really, all this time and that's what they came up with? 6 year spoiled by 10 minutes - why?

Thank Post
    I loved it!! and I cried at certain bits! I am gonna miss it now though, might have to start again from season one!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skawarrior View Post
    I enjoyed the ending enough ambiguity to leave it open to interpretation.

Hard to say much without spoiling anything but a few things did annoy me but not enough to ruin what I've found to be a great Series.
    Its not about the ending its the journey and with that in mind the whole Dharma initiative part of this series was my highlight. Followed closely by the original Hatch storyline and the button that had to be pushed.

I have to agree with you there, like most series, the best seasons are always the first couple, 1 and 2 got me hooked, just like everyone else, i just feel, the same way i felt about prison break, the last 2 seasons and the ending were abit of a let down when compared to the first 2, just felt like keeping the show running for the sake of it. needless to say though i have enjoyed, all 6 seasons in part, now just need to find some new shows to get into, im hearing a lot of true blood and dexter, so may start getting into those!

Thank Post
    The ending was well filmed and nicely sentimental....

BUT IT WAS A COMPLETE LETDOWN FOR ME

Thank Post
    I haven't seen the ending yet - got ep 16 to watch, and the finale (17 & 18). We're having a lost night on Friday to tie it all off. I'm not expecting the ending to be "oh my god, i didn't see that coming", to me it was all about the journey, and I enjoyed every minute - even when other started getting bored during S3 and S4 (and then eventually stopped watching it).

After Lost I've going to try and get back into the Wire (started watching S2 a few months ago), and I've also been told FlashForward is a must! I used to watch it when I was at my parents, but since moving out I haven't kept up to date with it, and I've been told I'm missing out BIG style!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 825 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Without meaning to give anything away the ending was nigh on identical to another show that ended recently. In said other show the ending worked and I was happy. With lost I felt cheated. I agree the journey to get there was very very good and I enjoyed Lost as a whole, but the ending - really? Why? especially after saying at the shows launch you wouldn't do that!

EDIT: Also the *#^$ yanks have pulled FlashForward after 1 season. Again, not happy!

Thank Post
    I think I'm going to start watching Battlestar Galatica now I've heard FlashForward and Heroes have both been canceled as I was saving both of those for post Lost viewing.

Thank Post
    Although it didn't answer many of the questions posed in earlier eps/seasons, I loved it!

I'm not convinced that the writers always knew where the show was going (due to the lack of answers) but for me the ending worked beautifully. Watched it Monday night and I'm afraid that I got very emotional at numerous points in the show, and spent most of yesterday feeling quite melancholy.

I'm not surprised that many didn't like it, but I am surprised that a certain section of the populace isn't mobilsing to denounce the show over the implications of the ending.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skawarrior View Post
    I think I'm going to start watching Battlestar Galatica now I've heard FlashForward and Heroes have both been canceled as I was saving both of those for post Lost viewing.
    BSG: Good call.

Heroes: Watch Season 1, then imagine that the rest of the show was as good.

FF: Haven't seen the last 3 or so eps yet, but as it's cancelled I can't see any resolution happening.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeMarchand View Post
    I'm not convinced that the writers always knew where the show was going
    I remember them admitting this in an early interview around the time of season 1 or 2 - but that really didn't matter at the time in my opinion. They just came up with ideas as it progressed and they implemented them.

Open to interpretation - yes, very much.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 731 Posts
    I think it was going to be impossible for them to answer everything. Even as this season progressed new questions were being created, that’s the nature of LOST. However I think they have answered most of the important questions. At the end of the day LOST was character driven show and so I think the ending works. It’s hard to talk about it more without spoilers really.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread