+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
General Chat Thread, How hot? in General; I envy you lot that can wear shorts at work, we're stuck wearing a ****ing all black uniform, **** the ...
    Thank Post
    I envy you lot that can wear shorts at work, we're stuck wearing a ****ing all black uniform, **** the system and it's bloody uniformity >_<

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,168 Times in 1,603 Posts
    Our school dress code is straightforward
    - no denim of any colour
    - trousers must be of tailored design (chinos are acceptable - jeans-type (i.e. rivets round the pockets!) are not)
    - closed toe shoes (i.e. no flip-flops or open-toe sandals)

Today's clothing of choice is 3/4 length chinos and a school polo shirt

Thank Post
    I have to wear smart black trowsers and shirt. Yesterday and today have the been the first time this year ive worn a short sleeve shirt!! I so wish i could wear shorts as my office is boiling!! although it is nicer than yesterday as there is a sea breeze today coming in the window

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    Our school dress code is straightforward
    - no denim of any colour
    - trousers must be of tailored design (chinos are acceptable - jeans-type (i.e. rivets round the pockets!) are not)
    - closed toe shoes (i.e. no flip-flops or open-toe sandals)

Today's clothing of choice is 3/4 length chinos and a school polo shirt
    Our dresscode is: black trousers, i wear jeans as i complained about the material in the trousers they requested i wear, bloody nylon junk that would only end up causing static!!, black polo shirt with the school logo on, and safety boots with steel toe caps

The boots i can understand, it's health and safety after all, the trousers i don't see why we can't just wear what we like...the teachers do, and the polo shirt? supposably it makes us "stand out in a classroom" though i can't see it as the last time i was in a classroom the teacher told all the kids to turn off there monitors and face the front, i was kneeling down and working on one PC and he shouted across to me then went "oh wait thats the technician" so it obviously doesnt work that well, it's depressing all wearing the same thing. If anything i stand out more when im wearing my own clothes as having the school logo on and me wearing black next too all the navy blue isn't exactly standing out!!

Thank Post
    It's definitely going to rain tomorrow, in Kent anyway, we've got the photographer in to do the whole school photo!

A shame the sunshine has to end really!

Thank Post
    I started off wearing shirt and tie here, but have since changed to polo shirt and chinos. I'm also rocking some Karrimor walking shoes, which last a hell of a lot longer than most rubbish.

Thank Post
    Black polo, black combats, steel capped boots.

I don't care - means I don't have to wear my own clothes and when it is worn out they pay for new kit!

And it is a lovely 20c in here right now

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbios View Post
    Our dresscode is: black trousers, i wear jeans as i complained about the material in the trousers they requested i wear, bloody nylon junk that would only end up causing static!!, black polo shirt with the school logo on, and safety boots with steel toe caps

The boots i can understand, it's health and safety after all, the trousers i don't see why we can't just wear what we like...the teachers do, and the polo shirt? supposably it makes us "stand out in a classroom" though i can't see it as the last time i was in a classroom the teacher told all the kids to turn off there monitors and face the front, i was kneeling down and working on one PC and he shouted across to me then went "oh wait thats the technician" so it obviously doesnt work that well, it's depressing all wearing the same thing. If anything i stand out more when im wearing my own clothes as having the school logo on and me wearing black next too all the navy blue isn't exactly standing out!!
    School Polo shirts are quite popular round here. I like them as I don't care if they get wrecked while I'm crawling under furniture or whatever. Several of the teachers have started wearing them too on the grounds that they're cheap (8), easy and smart and it doesn't matter what a small child smears on them!

The only staff who have to wear them work in our Pre-School and site staff.

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 742 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We're going to get some nice polo-shirts done to replace our old ones now that D&T have got a nice new dye-sub printer and digital heat press...

...black polo shirts with "IT SQUAD" in big white lettering on the back!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234