+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, What do you have as your home page... in General; Here's a screenshot of ours: I hope to revamp it early in the new year to accommodate more links (2 ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: What do you have as your home page...

Here's a screenshot of ours:

I hope to revamp it early in the new year to accommodate more links (2 columns/half-size icons)

Thank Post

We have a page with links to children's search engines, google safe search (which the pupils know they have to use to search google) and a couple of links to websites that are used alot eg BBC revisewise.

I put the google safe search on because I couldn't work out a way to ensure google preferences were kept for each user, if anyone else has done this I be interested to know how!

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by chrbb
    We have a page with links to children's search engines, google safe search (which the pupils know they have to use to search google) and a couple of links to websites that are used alot eg BBC revisewise.

I put the google safe search on because I couldn't work out a way to ensure google preferences were kept for each user, if anyone else has done this I be interested to know how!
    Ban all the preferences page for google to stop them reconfiguring and configure you default profile to have the settings settings for each user. This all depends on your current profile scheme. The other way is to rewrite the google URL using a redirector which also depends on your proxy setup.

Thank Post

I can set the default profile in one of my schools (we use mandatory profiles) but in the other we use GPO so is there a setting or an addon to use.

I like the idea of banning the preference page.

Thank Post

I am currently setting up a new home page for our school as we've had a new server.

I've got a slight problem though - I prepared a page in Frontpage, shared it on the server, redirected it through GP etc. but none of the icons (jpegs) appear when the page loads in a user's login (uses Active Desktop), only the text & links.

I copied all the icons/pics over so cant understand why this is happening...probably something really easy :?

Any ideas gratefully received as I have to get this thing out by end of the day!

Thanks
    Kate

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by katem
    I am currently setting up a new home page for our school as we've had a new server.

I've got a slight problem though - I prepared a page in Frontpage, shared it on the server, redirected it through GP etc. but none of the icons (jpegs) appear when the page loads in a user's login (uses Active Desktop), only the text & links.

I copied all the icons/pics over so cant understand why this is happening...probably something really easy :?

Any ideas gratefully received as I have to get this thing out by end of the day!

Thanks
    Kate
    It might be a permissions issue where the JPEG icons are stored? Is the webpage going to be used on the Desktop as Active Desktop or as a webpage that loads in an internet broswer at logon?

Thank Post

Yes its going to be a desktop using active desktop :?
    I have just tried to add a folder under the folder I have the page stored in and i cannot add folders now, saying i dont have permission even though I am logged in as administrator!

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by chrbb
    I can set the default profile in one of my schools (we use mandatory profiles) but in the other we use GPO so is there a setting or an addon to use.

I like the idea of banning the preference page.
    Just because you use pure GPOs doesnt mean you cant do a default profile and stick it on the netlogon share on your DC. This will then become the default profile for the suers when they log on rather than the local copy. This also assumes you are using something like delprof to clean of local profiles on computer startup/shutdown.

This can be helpful for settings you cant control through GPO etc or just gettng everything the same.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by katem

This is probably frontpage being pants.

Check where the image url are pointing to Frontpage tends to put the url to the local drive where the images are stored instead of the http: url.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12