+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Soccer World Cup :) in General; Originally Posted by Gatt Already blocking anything containing "Football" and "World Cup" for the pupils Yes I am evil, but ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    Already blocking anything containing "Football" and "World Cup" for the pupils

Yes I am evil, but they are not here to keep up with the latest footie results and goings on - they are here to learn...

And you are surely there to work, yet here you are posting up complaints about the World Cup. Oh, the irony =)

Thank Post
    Already blocking anything containing "Football" and "World Cup" for the pupils

Yes I am evil, but they are not here to keep up with the latest footie results and goings on - they are here to learn...

Bit harsh that isnt it? we embrace it here and use it as a learning oppotuinity

Thank Post
    Ordered sky+ HD last week so it'll be with me in time for the world cup, lovely jubbly.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiThesis View Post
    We're hosting it so it's called Soccer
    Yeah but we invented it, so it's called Football

Thank Post
    thats what freesat had is for bbc hd and itvhd, is sky allowed to broadcvast itvhd now?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kevbaz View Post
    thats what freesat had is for bbc hd and itvhd, is sky allowed to broadcvast itvhd now?
    Who needs to pay for a sat dish - my area released FreeView HD in February. Bought my box and all ready for the World Cup! Once it is finished will probably move FreeView HD box upstairs and get Sky HD ordered for the new football season.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    And you are surely there to work, yet here you are posting up complaints about the World Cup. Oh, the irony =)
    Not really, lull before the storm (in about 5 mins when P1 starts...) so just having a brew and psyching myself up for a day of toner changes (including clothing as they are the new "exploding OKI" toners..)

Bit harsh that isnt it? we embrace it here and use it as a learning oppotuinity
    The are going to be allowed to watch stuff at certain times and in certain places, but at no other times, staff have the right to implement the Temporary Bypass feature on SchoolGuardian if needed for coursework.
    In fact some teachers have started trying to create coursework around the world cup and I am working with them to ensure that this can be acehvied....

Thank Post
    is sky allowed to broadcvast itvhd now?
    ITV HD is available through Sky - not sure Sky themselves had much to do with it though

Thank Post
    In fact some teachers have started trying to create coursework around the world cup and I am working with them to ensure that this can be acehvied....
    Ah, so you aren't really blocking anything with Football & World Cup - I think you secretly have a love for the sport, but are trying to prove otherwise.

Thank Post
    Bring on 2018 when the World Cup comes home.

Ha you'll be lucky after Lord Whatshisface stuck his size 12s in it, what a prat that's what you get when you involve a upper class plonker get involved in something he's probably not even that bothered about.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,588 Times in 1,391 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie_monster View Post
    Ha you'll be lucky after Lord Whatshisface stuck his size 12s in it, what a prat that's what you get when you involve a upper class plonker get involved in something he's probably not even that bothered about.
    Hmm maybe but when Gordon Brown called that woman from Rochdale a biggot people would have swore he has blown it in Rochdale. Labour infact won the seat from LibDems. You just never know...

Thank Post
    Any country that calls it 'soccer' should not be allowed to host it. Bring on 2018 when the World Cup comes home.

I think the way the draw was made this World Cup was a farce - an absolute disgrace. That said, I think it should prove to be a good World Cup, with some of the 'better' teams sturggling (Argentina), and I think England have a real chance!
    Lord Treason, the dreadful state of the pitch at Wembley and the recent pitch invasions/yobbish behaviour have probably ended any chance we had of hosting it in 2018.

Damn shame as I would have gone to see any game, even Honduras Vs Azerbaijan. (Should they get there)

As for this World Cup, I wouldn't rule out Argentina, even though their qualification went to the wire.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AyatollahPies View Post
    Lord Treason, the dreadful state of the pitch at Wembley and the recent pitch invasions/yobbish behaviour have probably ended any chance we had of hosting it in 2018.
    The pitch is dyer at Wembley - but they have 8 years to sort it out. And as for the 'yobbish' behaviour - what would you call the murders that happen every day in South Africa?! Not to mention the extra millions that South Africa have had to be given to bring everything up to scratch. If South Africa can host it, and England can't then there is something seriously the matter with the world today.

As for this World Cup, I wouldn't rule out Argentina, even though their qualification went to the wire.
    Can't rule anyone out of the World Cup - it's like the FA Cup in England. Anybody can quite literally win it. Thing is though, Argentina have left all their superheroes at home, and I honestly think Greece could give them a run for their money in the group stage.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AyatollahPies View Post
    and the recent pitch invasions/yobbish behaviour have probably ended any chance we had of hosting it in 2018.
    Did you see the riot in Barcelona after they won the title at the weekend?

Spain has a far worse record on fan trouble than English clubs, not to mention the racism.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Its my first venture in to South Africa. Looking forward to it!

Any recomendations of places to visit in PE?
    It's a great country though I'm not the fondest of PE

If you can manage, get to Addo elephant park (right outside of PE) - I imagine there'll be a lot of people doing the rounds there but it's really very cool.

We're really looking forward to it as they've given us the whole thing off 4 1/2 weeks of holiday here I come!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast