+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, Depressed if we have a Tory goverment. in General; I can't wait until the election is over for 2 main reasons: 1. EduGeek will return to normal! 2. Whoever ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,194 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I can't wait until the election is over for 2 main reasons:

1. EduGeek will return to normal!

2. Whoever gets in will have to introduce very, very painful spending cuts, tax rises (likely) and other measures. There is no other way around the problem the UK has with it's finances, and it's about time people relaised that whichever party gets in it will hurt.

Roll on tomorrow.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box View Post
    I can't wait until the election is over for 2 main reasons:

1. EduGeek will return to normal!

2. Whoever gets in will have to introduce very, very painful spending cuts, tax rises (likely) and other measures. There is no other way around the problem the UK has with it's finances, and it's about time people relaised that whichever party gets in it will hurt.

Roll on tomorrow.
    I will vote for that .....

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
    Maggie Thatcher closed the pits
    Maggie Thatcher stole kids milk
    She also sold off pretty much every nationalised industry to her friends in the private sector. Admittedly, Blair did nothing to reverse any of that and then squeezed the last bits of blood out before dropping the mess in Brown's lap.

Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    which is why Lib Dems should come into power so we have an equal stick with what to beat them with!
    I'm leaning towards them for much the same reason: at least we don't know from experience that they're all a bunch of thieving, lying, g1ts.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box View Post
    And then on the next elections we'll be getting the mob saying "I'm not voting for the current govt., they put up taxes. *cry*" without taking into consideration who put us in this mess in the first place.

Thank Post
    Labour - have left the country bankrupt
    Tories - still have nightmares of thatcher and horrible civil war type state she made the country into as well as squandering oil revenues. Also don't don't trust a bunch of eton boys to know anything about the real world.
    So - lib dems it is - give them a chance - will save 100 Billion on needless trident anyway

Thank Post
    hung parliament, with lib dems taking a strong lead gets my vote, give them a chance to actually try running things (hard to say if they can run things till they try; this is the strongest party they've had in 50 years!) Then vote em fully in a few years if they don't screw things up too much.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholab View Post
    Kevbaz has Oblivious got money. I can't afford to buy my own home or rent!!!
    Yes, this is one of the biggest issues affecting the country, yet no party seems to care. I imagine most politicians own several houses and we all know that Turkeys don't vote for xmas.

However, this has all occurred under the watch of nulabour, so why are you so against the Tories, and not berating the reds?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    LibDem - Tory coalition would be a superior government than any of them by themselves!
    I appologise if i am wrong but didnt i read or hear somewhere that the tories had ruled this out and stated they would attempt to form a minority government, rather than share with the Lib Dems?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,494 Times in 1,935 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Lib dem all the way for me. Voting for the others is voting for 'more of the same' - meaning more privatisation, more pandering to big business at the expense of the people, environment and general well-being of the country, more war, and a generally horrible future.

Lib dem at least have been honest with the changes they want to make. Scrap trident, become more influential in the EU, make cuts where needed (yes, these will still hurt, but i'd rather the cuts were sensible compared to what the tories propose) etc...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AyatollahPies View Post
    Yes, this is one of the biggest issues affecting the country, yet no party seems to care. I imagine most politicians own several houses and we all know that Turkeys don't vote for xmas.

However, this has all occurred under the watch of nulabour, so why are you so against the Tories, and not berating the reds?
    The Tories introduced 'right to buy' for council houses, & then prevented LAs from spending the money building new affordable social housing. New Labour continued where the Tories left off....

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,194 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Also don't don't trust a bunch of eton boys to know anything about the real world.
    Equally, neither does a union rep beyond their own ambition and sphere of influence. It is a shame we can't pass a law that forbids anyone enterign politics before they have spent 10 years in either employment or any other area apart from union activism, lobbying and any other task which involves getting 'tainted' by our current politcal system.

Thank Post
    To all the Labour fanboys I say......... Winter of Discontent, what maggie ensured was that no union would ever bring the country to it's knees again. Go Maggie!

Thank Post
    Labour - LibDem coalition for me... preferably without Gordon Brown at the helm........ I think the LibDems could dilute New Labour conservative goals....

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by broc View Post
    The Tories introduced 'right to buy' for council houses, & then prevented LAs from spending the money building new affordable social housing. New Labour continued where the Tories left off....
    We could argue that every policy previous governments have had, is partly due to what the government before them did. The Labour party have been in power for 13 years now.

-28° 31' 48.89", +28° 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by broc View Post
    I think the LibDems could dilute New Labour conservative goals....
    That shouldn't make sense but it does.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast