+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, MOT!!! in General; ...

Thank Post
    The car is due to go back tomorrow for the new disks to be fitted but I had a premonition and gave Kwik Fit a call this afternoon. Guess what? They hadn't ordered the parts but have assured me that they will be in by mid-day tomorrow. This disrupts my plans but hopefully it will be sorted because the MOT expires next week.

I also renewed my car insurance with them yesterday. To pay monthly took it from £185 to £286. That's a 79% APR. I said I didn't want the legal cover at £37 because I have an annual insurance for hire car excess and that covers it. It took 5 minutes for him to get ito into his skull that I wasn't going to have it. As soon as he had my card details he started to push house insurance and wouldn't take no for an answer. I said he was pushing me close to cancelling my car insurance and he had the balls to say that would cost me £50. I put the phone down.

I just received a Customer Satisfaction survey email from them. I can't wait to complete it.

Thank Post
    Just collected the car, I had to call them as it was getting late and the car had been ready some time, they just forgot to tell me. I looked at the job sheet as he was doing the paperwork and it said £274.50, so I was preparing myself for a big fight. He then tells me it is £247.50. When I said I had been quoted £225 he just accepted it and I got it for £201 with my 10% discount. Most of the staff use a local guy whose kids came here and he collects and returns the car, so makes life easier. Think I'll use him next time and to hell with the free MOT!

Thank Post
    Glad you go it all sorted mate. Keep tabs on eBay and get yourself a Hayes manual. For things like brake pad/disc changes, it'll save you loads of money.

So long as you spend a bit of time checking what you need to do and ensuring you have all the correct tools you'll save the dosh and probably enjoy the mechanic side of it too!

Have fun!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12