+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Wheeeee... Last Day! in General; haven't you felt the need to change the DC's name and IP address all year? maybe 3pm would be the ...
    In a Server Room cutting through a forest of Cat5e
    Thank Post

Re: Wheeeee... Last Day!

haven't you felt the need to change the DC's name and IP address all year? maybe 3pm would be the best time to do so, in preparation for next year and all......

Thank Post

register his email address on a bunch of dodgy websites

Thank Post

*goes off to find something suitably irritating to register emails for*

;-)

If I changed the IP or any passwords, he'd spend the rest of this week phoning me trying to find out what he needs to do.

Remember, I'm still employed until New Year's Day... if I can find anything that uses a delaying tactic until January, that'd be good :-D

Thank Post

You can use a script and the task scheduler. obviously the script would have to delete itself and the task entry. Set it to run around the 12th of Jan, well after you have finished, but gives some time for it to look like the NM's fault.

Thank Post

can you remotely access your dc's?? using an ip blocker or a proxy it would be hard to trace, then delete all his stuff.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,106 Posts
    Blog Entries

The problem with these things is that they affect the rest of the school ... and you know he will blame someone else ... as in the person who has just gone out the door ...

perhaps leave a couple of .bat files that set off .vbs files that do lots of other things ... but mainly delete his stuff or cause just him problems ...

wmi scripts that disable his network connection, scripts that copy dodgy pictures into his home area and set it as his folder background, I am sure that you can think of other suitable nasty things to do just to him!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Yes I think it'd be best to stay away from things that could affect the T&L, the school may well call you back if he decides to blame you. But affecting him alone will suffice

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts

I can't believe you are suggesting such things, you just can't go around deleting peoples data or breaking into schools systems. Its unethical and illegal.

Thank Post

Exactly... I might not like him much, but there's rules and ethics that I will abide by. I'm still a professional at the end of the day...

I think I will adopt a comment that GD made, which is to do diddly squat - he will show himself up soon enough!

All the best IG. Looks like someone is gona have a great ChrimBO.

Have to agree with CyberNerd. This thread is getting a bit out of control with regards to giving ideas to bring a schol network down.

Thank Post

Sorry, I agree it's starting to get out of control, it's my fault, I've been looking for ways to bring down my own network in an attempt to find security holes to plug.

Be very nice to him, shake his hand (in front of others) and thank him for allowing you more control of the network, thereby giving you the chance to build your skillset and get a better job.

See if he looks smug or embarased.

Thank Post

Surely the most amusing (and responsible) thing you can do is leave him to fester in his own incompetence, but leave your mobile number and scale of appropriately punitive fees with SMT?

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Midget
    Sorry, I agree it's starting to get out of control, it's my fault, I've been looking for ways to bring down my own network in an attempt to find security holes to plug.

Run all file writes & reads and backups through a transparent encryption utility. Then disable it. Ouch!

Thank Post

Why not just do something simple like put loads of loops in the network to bring it to a stand still or set the server to shutdown every hour or so.

Thank Post

Needless to say, whilst my sinful side was tempted, my saintly side shone through and I sent him the greatest email he's ever had. It contained what is literally a walkthrough on how to do everything (and will stop him from misinforming my eventual replacement) that I've ever had to do there (thus entitled: The IT Bible). It also reminded him to run the backups (we do a monthly Friday backup - I wrote the numbered tapes he'll need to use onto the yearly calendar until NEXT December!) and this email also included a link to an asset database I'd started.

Not so much as a 'thank you' from him.

Anyway, my thoughts were that he will probably do something to bring the network down himself at some point... something trivial that he'll spend a few hours flapping over; then the truth will come out (and I will be able to say "told you so")

For now, I will be enjoying my last two weeks of freedom, before my service "to the Crown" commences...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information