+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
General Chat Thread, Gordon Brown crashes the Labour Campaign....! in General; I made this one at home for obvious reasons....
    Thank Post

I made this one at home for obvious reasons.

2. Thanks to ICT_GUY from:

tech_guy (29th April 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by torledo View Post
    say you work really really hard and reach the top of a lucrative field of expertise, and start earning half a bar a year...you might be a position with a lot of responsibility and pressures which required years of study and expense to undertake....how does over half of that 500k salary being deducted in tax and NI as a salaried employee sound ?
    Are you telling me that you would be unhappy donating money to those who are disabled? Or children of this country so that they can grow up to be the next generation of high earners? Or to help those who are ill, or those who have lost their jobs due to the BSF machine?

I could buy my house twice in one year with the take home pay from that job. Its not living in the normal world when you earn that much and I'm not saying that you should be penalised.

Look around your school I bet there are a few staff who hardly pay any tax becuase the wages are so low.

If the tories win I think the country will stand still, budgets will be cut and our core services are the things that will suffer. The only ones who will benefit are the elites and business, the rest of the country will be taking the fall for businesses shortcomings.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
    Are you telling me that you would be unhappy donating money to those who are disabled? Or children of this country so that they can grow up to be the next generation of high earners? Or to help those who are ill, or those who have lost their jobs due to the BSF machine?

I could buy my house twice in one year with the take home pay from that job. Its not living in the normal world when you earn that much and I'm not saying that you should be penalised.

Look around your school I bet there are a few staff who hardly pay any tax becuase the wages are so low.

If the tories win I think the country will stand still, budgets will be cut and our core services are the things that will suffer. The only ones who will benefit are the elites and business, the rest of the country will be taking the fall for businesses shortcomings.
    i don't disagree with progressive taxation. but that maybe it should be applied across more types of 'earnings' beyond PAYE income. half of 500k is a huge sum of money, yes 250k take home pay is also a lot and there are bonuses and share options to consider.....

income has to be looked at in relation to maintaining a standard of living and the area where a person chooses to live. saying that a 500k salary is enough to buy this or that much more in a different part of the country misses the point......a person could probably move location and get more value for money, but then they have more reasons to not do that.

i think you and i have a different idea of why taxes exist. there is a redistributive element to it, but having fewer people paying higher rate of tax does not stop the disabled or the vulnerable receiving help from the govt. That's a political choice, how much and whom to pay. it's not dictated by tax revenues.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Wraps it up quite well for me.....

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567