+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Gordon Brown crashes the Labour Campaign....! in General; Originally Posted by Sirbendy We've got it on the office plasma behind me..first I knew of it was the NM ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirbendy View Post
    We've got it on the office plasma behind me..first I knew of it was the NM howling with laughter..heh.

Don't like brown, but then i don't like any of them overmuch. All politicians are, at heart, bent. In it for the cash and the perks, not for the country. Wouldn't give a broken Jetdirect for any of 'em.
    That is simply not true! Our local MP is fantastic and works extremely hard for us in local issues and has done many good things for the area.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    Apparently She said:
    "you can't say anything about immigrants, all these Eastern Europeans, where are they coming from?"
    Thanks, I was wondering what all the fuss was about.

Thank Post
    Apparently She said:
    "you can't say anything about immigrants, all these Eastern Europeans, where are they coming from?"
    Priceless!!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    Apparently She said:
    Define:bigot
    "a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own"
    "bigoted - blindly and obstinately attached to some creed or opinion and intolerant toward others; "a bigoted person"; "an outrageously bigoted point of view":

bloody media

Thank Post
    Apparently She said:
    I'm going to hazard a guess at Eastern Europe ????
    Not only is she a Bigot, she's a thick Bigot too.

And the media prove once again they are making the news, not reporting it. I still don't like Brown, but this is a non story.
    your a fine one to be going around calling people 'thick'......

if you reckon this is a non-story, just one week to go with labour lagging in the polls, then i reckon your clueless. i suggest you dispense with the dismissive arrogance, and accept that the PM's attitude is the problem. Not the individual concerns of this pensioner and the expression of those concerns.....easy to pour scorn on how people phrase things. much harder is to convince others with persuasion and sound argument.
    Last edited by torledo; 28th April 2010 at 02:23 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I still don't like Brown, but this is a non story
    I beg to differ. This one has very long legs. Whilst the woman in question may not have been the sharpest tool in the box, Brown still thought he was meeting 'screened' ordinary people, and he was very 2 faced about it. He could have got in the car and said 'She justdoesn't understand the issues' or 'It's her opinion and she's entitled to it', but he didn't. becasue her view differed from his, and he couldn't understand why he adopted the Labout tactic of denouncing her, albeit in private.

Thank Post
    I dread to think of a conservative government. They are a reverse robin hood. Take from the poor and give the rich further tax breaks.

Clegg has some excellent statistics. Bottom 20% of earners pay a higher percentage of their income as tax than the top 20% of earners due to loopholes and capital gains tax breaks. Its sheer madness how an apparent government who label themselves as a party for working class people could not stop this greed from the highest earners. I know for sure that the conservatives wont do anything to stop anything like that, i can see them taxing the poor more in fact.

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 743 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Step up to the plate, Mr. Clegg... your time has come.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
    i can see them [tory's] taxing the poor more in fact.
    Actually I think they'd tax everyone - poor included - less, which is why I won't vote for them (as crazy as that might at first sound).

The tory party are a party of tax cut's followed by spending cuts followed by privitisation. It's what they did in the 80's and 90's and it's what they are already promising to do again with thier education policy.

Thank Post
    Vote for the tramp party!

Vote for loose change!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    Actually I think they'd tax everyone - poor included - less, which is why I won't vote for them (as crazy as that might at first sound).

The tory party are a party of tax cut's followed by spending cuts followed by privitisation. It's what they did in the 80's and 90's and it's what they are already promising to do again with thier education policy.
    Probably true but it still stands that their idea of a big society is where the big wigs are bigger and the normal people have less power.

Plus Cameron is a tool.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post

Some might say that Labour were (are) the party of more taxes and privetisation. There isn't much left to privatise TBH, but schools and hospitals are being 'sold' off now

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box View Post
    I beg to differ. This one has very long legs. Whilst the woman in question may not have been the sharpest tool in the box, Brown still thought he was meeting 'screened' ordinary people, and he was very 2 faced about it. He could have got in the car and said 'She justdoesn't understand the issues' or 'It's her opinion and she's entitled to it', but he didn't. becasue her view differed from his, and he couldn't understand why he adopted the Labout tactic of denouncing her, albeit in private.
    this is what brown can't grasp. here he is, mind the size of the planet...helped save the world etc. When the genuine working class from deprived areas come up to him, all he must hear are what sound like tabloid headlines, when in fact they are real concerns people have that he needs to address. it's cliched but he has to win hearts and minds with more than just voter freebies and giveaways. He did do some of that convincing during the conversation but then brown is the spreasheet politician.....

he must be far more comfortable 'brainstorming' and pouring over focus group results or hobnobbing with former investment bankers and really important people with fat pension pots and even larger brains than his, to have the slightest bit of empathy for the 'little' people who maybe didn't go to university but have worked and saved their entire lives.

that, in a nutshell, is the problem. and why he's blown it.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by torledo View Post
    your a fine one to be going around calling people 'thick'......

if you reckon this is a non-story, just one week to go with labour lagging in the polls, then i reckon your clueless. i suggest you dispense with the dismissive arrogance, and accept that the PM's attitude is the problem. Not the individual concerns of this pensioner and the expression of those concerns.....easy to pour scorn on how people phrase things. much harder is to convince others with persuasion and sound argument.
    Well she is thick, she lives in Rochdale. 'Nuff said.

Thank Post
    I also like the good old arguements of
    "I'm retired, your taxing me too much! How you going to pay off this debt?"
    "Raising taxes maam."
    "I'm retired, your taxing me too much! And what about the children! Somebody think of the children!"
    "Alright, but it'll cost you taxes."
    "Your taxing me too much!"

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast