+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, HTC Desire Case? in General; Anybody got an HTC Desire that can recommend a case and/or screen protector? I was thinking of just getting a ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,168 Times in 797 Posts

HTC Desire Case?

Anybody got an HTC Desire that can recommend a case and/or screen protector? I was thinking of just getting a cheap silicone one and pack of screen protectors off ebay, unless anyone would advise against it?

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 742 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sure about the Desire as I'm getting mine in June when my upgrade comes up, but I purchased one of those perspex cases off Amazon for my G1 and it looked pants. A silicon one looked even worse. In the end I settled for the screen protector that came with the phone and the little carry case that was supplied with it. Both are still perfect and the phone is in A1 condition after 14 months of being lugged around everywhere.

3. Thanks to tech_guy from:

LosOjos (28th April 2010)

Thank Post
    I looked at those HTC cases (I presume you mean the pouches? I haven't seen another type of case by HTC) but thought it'd annoy me to have to keep getting it out of the pouch (yes, I am lazy) so I've gone for the Zagg Invisible Shield, I'll report back here with my opinions on it when it comes [because I like to imagine people care about my opinion lol]

5. Thanks to LosOjos from:

tech_guy (28th April 2010)

Thank Post
    Well, so far I'm very unimpressed by the InvisibleSHIELD.

It's supposed to improve in appearance over the next 3-5 days, but it had better improve a hell of a lot!

- It's in no way 'invisible': my Desire looks like it's wrapped in cling film right now.
    - It took me one whole hour to put it on to the desire: it was extremely awkward to apply, involved using lot's of application solution (which made me very nervous around the earpiece and speaker!) and I still have noticeable bubbles despite spending so long trying to get it right. Corners were a nightmare, they simply would not stay stuck down, though the advice to 'palm' corners on Zagg's website did help a little.
    - The whole thing feels tacky to the touch, making touch screen navigation awkward.
    - Every bit of dirt, fiber or lint in my pocket seems to be attracted to it.
    - It's raised up enough round the edges that I reckon you could peel it off with one slip of the finger, and I don't fancy putting those corners down again!
    - It doesn't cover the entire phone as the website suggests. Admittedly, there's not a lot left exposed, but I'd have gotten better coverage with a silicon case and screen protector, and it's have cost about a third of the price.

That's my initial opinion anyway, as I say, it's supposed to get better over the next few days as it settles, but if it doesn't improve much, then I'm taking it off and accepting the fact I may as well have burnt 20

Thank Post
    A mate of mine has the invisibleSHIELD for his iPhone and it's fantastic, but I read some bad things before about the HTC ones so stayed away from them.

Thank Post
    I've been using this all day now, and in addition to my other gripes with it, the screen is filthy! Fingerprints are so much more noticeable on this thing, it's disgraceful that they charge (and I was dumb enough to pay) 20 for this.

I had read great reviews on it for the iPhone but found nothing for the Desire, I just didn't expect that it could go so wrong!

Thank Post
    I have seen soem good HTC Desire Cases around and many are leather, gel, rubber and hard types the best would be a balance between style and defense

Thank Post
    Had my desire for a few months and never felt the need for a screen protector. Are you using your keys as a stylus or something?

Thank Post
    if I have the phone in my pocket and their happens to be keys or change in the same pocket its game over for the scratchless screen, one phone I dropped and it got scratched even though I dropped it on carpet...

It's only when it happens you'll realize the need for screen protectors.

you live and you learn

Thank Post
    I've got the Zag on my screen and a gel bumper case. This combination works well for me, as I've already dropped it on a corner!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by detered View Post
    if I have the phone in my pocket and their happens to be keys or change in the same pocket its game over for the scratchless screen, one phone I dropped and it got scratched even though I dropped it on carpet...

It's only when it happens you'll realize the need for screen protectors.

you live and you learn
    So dont put your expensive phone in the same pocket as your keys/coins :O

Thank Post
    yea but I have limited pocket space, plus if you can keep your phone away from danger at all times then you must live in a bubble...
    that would be cool... anyway I'm an advocate of prevention over cure.

Thank Post
    I bought this pack: Silicone Soft Skin Case HTC Desire + 2 Screen Protector on eBay (end time 02-Aug-10 16:41:38 BST)

Works for me. I'm fine with the rubbery case, as it covers the phone really well. Also had some luck with the screen protector too, as I bought it before the phone arrived and applied it to the screen the moment it was out of the box. I.E. I never touched it between taking the manufacturers protective film off it. Just got one minor bubble near the bottom, that is covered by the case

The one problem now is that it won't fit in any bespoke dashboard mounts while it is in the case...Oh well...!

Thank Post
    it's funny you mention dash mount problems, you may like to check out the clingo, it is a really innovative product

clingo

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,680 Times in 2,273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tommej View Post
    So dont put your expensive phone in the same pocket as your keys/coins :O
    My HTC Touch Pro 2 gets a pocket all to itself and it stays in its protective pouch, still managed to scratch it slightly but it is still in reasonable condition.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast