+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Why Does everybody hate Microsoft ? in General; EA...now THERE is a company I hate, infinately more than any dislike I have for microsoft...
    Thank Post

Re: Why Does everybody hate Microsoft ?

EA...now THERE is a company I hate, infinately more than any dislike I have for microsoft

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Well I love Microsoft, they make great products, good support, great staff and in general are amazing. Thanks MS keep up the good work. PS the 360 is a great addition to my toys

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

What's your MS employee ID again, John?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Damn and Rats, found out again

Thank Post

Haaha, I started a thread in a rant section of another forum I go on about 'windows'. Unfortunately the forum owner is a Microsoft employee (and he knows I attend this forum so can't say too much in case he sees this) so it didn't go down too well. It is not a computer related forum, but there are a number of technical people that go on there.

It seems I am the only fan on there of software that is free and open source... other people would rather pay for something they can get for free . The thread goes on for several pages, but in the end I got bad karma, so gave up.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

There's no point preaching to microsoft brain-wash-ee's, they're a lost cause. It's a shame those rose-tinted spectacles work so well (those must run on open-source )

Thank Post

Whether it is an open source product or a proprietry one if it does what you need it to do then it is a good product in my opinion. 8)

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by webman
    There's no point preaching to microsoft brain-wash-ee's, they're a lost cause. It's a shame those rose-tinted spectacles work so well (those must run on open-source )
    I dunno, it does sometimes work, take myself for instance

@simongrahamuk

I do agree with you. But as has been said before in this thead, some of the business tactics that microsoft (and other companies) practice are unreasonable.

Plus when people support windows 100% and bash linux and open source down into the earth, yet have never used linux and rarely if ever used open source, that gets on my nerves too.

I saw some sort of MP3 player at the shops today (didn't check which one) and noticed it had "DRM with this product means that it must be used with windows XP". Wow. I certainly won't be buying one of those then for me or anybody else. Even though I use windows to a large extent, I don't like the idea of being forced to use it and I don't want to force that onto anyone else either.

Also, last time I checked (about a year ago admittedly), PCWorld were selling microsoft office for £470. I know it can be purchase cheaper then this elsewhere, but still, people are actually willing pay that much when you can get a similar and 90% campatible product for free. Do they know about Open Office? Most likely not. Why? Because microsoft get their hand into all the schools and businesses by offering them really cheap copies of their software, therefore there is little chance of the majority of the general public ever hearing about Open Office. Why do PCWorld/Microsoft even charge this much when they are competing against free software? The only thing that allows them to do this is by keeping their competition quiet.

Incidently, Open Office is my all time favourite open source application because it is sooo easy to use for the people who have used nothing but MS Office in the past. I can't say the same about Linux to Windows.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12