+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, This is all you need to know about this year's election. in General; ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,067 Times in 624 Posts

This is all you need to know about this year's election.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails This is all you need to know about this year's election.-tumblr_ksrcor1dkv1qznpi1o1_1280.jpg  

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    If you don't vote your not allowed to complain also make sure you vote at local elections as a lot of daily life is effected by the council.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,391 Times in 1,853 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholab View Post
    If you don't vote your not allowed to complain also make sure you vote at local elections as a lot of daily life is effected by the council.
    My thoughts exactly. However, we have this odd situation at the moment where you can't choose 'none of the above'.

We should be more like Australia - make voting a legal responsibility, and add 'none of the above'.

Then, the govt will actually be able to see how annoyed everyone is with them.

4. Thanks to localzuk from:

tech_guy (5th April 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholab View Post
    If you don't vote your not allowed to complain.
    nonsense.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by torledo View Post
    nonsense.
    Why is it? Why should someone have the right to complain if they didn't even vote?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    My local council has been audited and found to offer value for money and have a driven agender for improvement.

Better that the previous head of the council saying affordable housing was for riff raff!!!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Why is it? Why should someone have the right to complain if they didn't even vote?
    are you serious ? complain about what....the result of the election. What's there to complain about, we'll get pretty much more of the same...the smaller aspects of administration they may get right, but they'll screw up just as bad on the big issues and policies.

So what am i voting for....mine, like a lot of areas i suspect is basically going to come down to a two-horse race. So either i vote for tweedledum or tweedledee - much of a muchness.....and if i choose other options as a protest vote, it doesn't change the fact there are basically two contenders.

also, i'm not just voting for personalities or local issues at the GE. The party in power in central govt. has to look at the interests of business and the national democracy, not just or maybe not ever the changes i want to see or the personal views of the various MP's. And then funding will be allocated from the centre accordingly. So what chance is there ?

Thank Post
    Anyone want to chip in a few quid and we'll just get a little island somewhere outside of anyone's control?

Thank Post
    Then, the govt will actually be able to see how annoyed everyone is with them.
    i think they get a fairly good idea of that anyway.

they won't need another box on the ballot paper to tell them they are disliked.

@ the back of my server racks farting.....
    Thank Post
    I'll be voting but WONT be voting for any of the major parties...........Im doing what LBC have said............EVERYONE votes but not for any of the major parties!!

I'll be forcing my other half to vote also

12. Thanks to IanT from:

localzuk (5th April 2010)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It is nonsense.

Lets say, there are 3 parties. You're not allowed to complain if you don't agree and don't vote.

Party 1 says 1+1=3 but it will FEEL right.
    Party 2 says 1+1=4 but it will LOOK right.
    Party 3 says 1+1=5 but it will SMELL right.

None of the parties involved are correct. Why therefore, should someone who decides to believe and act upon what is correct, not be allowed to complain? You know all of the above are wrong, regardless of how they will try and make you believe they are correct.

Politics is almost as bad as extreme religion in my eyes but that's my own opinion.

Thank Post
    Voting on politics is like choosing between gonorrhea and clamidia, you dont want either but i sure as hell wouldnt stop someone from complaining about it just because they didnt care which one they got!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Ok, if you all dislike the parties that exist, why not put up or shut up? ie. put yourself forward as a candidate in your local area.

Sure, the system is currently geared towards 2 parties, but if everyone stopped whinging and actually did something - like vote for a non-mainstream party, an independent candidate or actually stood in the election themselves, then the system would be forced to change. Every vote that goes to someone not in the labour or conservative parties is a vote for change. A spoiled ballot is nothing - it is ignored.

Not voting is simply throwing away any voice you have, and then saying 'well I had no choice'.

The only reason our political system is in the mess it is now, is because of voter apathy and because of people not doing something about it!

Drives me mad!

16. Thanks to localzuk from:

tmcd35 (6th April 2010)

Thank Post
    Ok, if you all dislike the parties that exist, why not put up or shut up? ie. put yourself forward as a candidate in your local area.

Sure, the system is currently geared towards 2 parties, but if everyone stopped whinging and actually did something - like vote for a non-mainstream party, an independent candidate or actually stood in the election themselves, then the system would be forced to change. Every vote that goes to someone not in the labour or conservative parties is a vote for change. A spoiled ballot is nothing - it is ignored.

Not voting is simply throwing away any voice you have, and then saying 'well I had no choice'.

The only reason our political system is in the mess it is now, is because of voter apathy and because of people not doing something about it!

Drives me mad!

So who you voting for then? The BNP, the green party? Get real. How about you set one up then if its so easy

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Well it's very true, and also the reason it's not likely to change without *major* reform, on both sides of the deal.
    I honestly believe that said change will not occur until something big and/or bad happens - most likely war. Very cynical but can't see how sheeple are likely to change their habits on-masse for any other reason.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast