+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, BBQ in General; ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OutToLunch View Post
    Urban myth - there's a difference between pricing errors and deliberately misleading prices and even in the case of misleading prices it's a case between trading standards and the shop, not you and the shop.

the price is right! - Trading Standards Institute
    there's an odd one were if the shop owner makes a mistake with a price tag say puts a fullstop in the wrong place and agrees that the price tag has the wrong price then they must sell it at that price. however from researching it looks like this changed in the year 2000-2001, probably to counter internet price mistakes like this BBQ one.

i researched this ages ago, however am unable to find a recent link, this happened after i found an LCD Monitor marked up for £17.00 instead of £170.00 in my local computer store
    Last edited by Flakes; 30th March 2010 at 03:42 PM.

-28° 31' 48.89", +28° 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Thank Post
    I am with HDUK a Hot deals site. There are often silly prices flagged up and sometimes you get them at the silly price, it's always worth a try. Although with an item this big it's unlikely to slip by.

Recently RM did Win7 licences (student) for 2 computers. When they arrived the licence was for 1 PC. I eventually made them change their mind and even contacted Trading Standards. I eventually got the 2nd disk and licence.

Thank Post
    my local shop had a buy one get one free offer on that ended suddenly but they didnt take the sign down on the shelf so they had to offer the deal, (it was only a second bottle of coke tho...)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcath View Post
    isnt it like in shops if its labeled with a certain price thats what they have to sell it at even if its a mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by Flakes View Post
    ^^this, get UK trading standards involved and im sure they would have to sell it at £159.99, btw for me the site says "Was £2,289.00 > Now £159.00"

in shops they have to honour the price on that is printed on the bottom left(even if the price is incorrect/for different item.....i used to work in a store), the problem is you have to argue black and blue with management for them to honour it.
    There is no contract with the store until the till attendant accepts your offer and takes money from you. Until then they can refuse sale for any reason.

Quote Originally Posted by creese View Post
    I am with HDUK a Hot deals site. There are often silly prices flagged up and sometimes you get them at the silly price, it's always worth a try. Although with an item this big it's unlikely to slip by.

Recently RM did Win7 licences (student) for 2 computers. When they arrived the licence was for 1 PC. I eventually made them change their mind and even contacted Trading Standards. I eventually got the 2nd disk and licence.
    This is different, because the order was accepted and payment taken, so a contract for two licenses was entered into. If RM failed to fulfil that, there is a case for action.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12