+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, Double standards removing the word **** from posts? in General; Regardless of whether it comes under the swearing policy, I think taking the time to remove 'crap' is a bit ...

Thank Post
    Regardless of whether it comes under the swearing policy, I think taking the time to remove 'crap' is a bit much, especially in forums such as the Red Door..obviously stronger words are a different matter

2. Thanks to sidewinder from:

RingOfFlame (29th March 2010)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    If you Peru-se recent threads you can sit it fits in NICEly though.
    I wasn't sure if it did. Someone here mentioned our female geography teacher might know, so Alaska.

4. 5 Thanks to webman:

bossman (29th March 2010), CPLTD (29th March 2010), garethedmondson (29th March 2010), GrumbleDook (29th March 2010), linkazoid (29th March 2010)

-28° 31' 48.89", +28° 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webman View Post
    I wasn't sure if it did. Someone here mentioned our female geography teacher might know, so Alaska.
    I'd sCrap the whole thread mice elf.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RingOfFlame View Post
    No just because my opinion differs from yours it is wrong, it is different. Consider this - You are not always right. As for my rep you are looking at it from the wrong angle. From this angle I could not care less. I know full well that the reason it is red is because a couple of members who enjoy leaving me nice messages via negative rep.
    It's red because your contributions are more aggressive and confrontational than they are constructive, informative and helpful.

7. 2 Thanks to powdarrmonkey:

localzuk (29th March 2010), pwds (29th March 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,757 Posts
    Please report any incidences of bad language that you see in order to help the mods who cannot spend their lives searching every post and do their best to police the site.

As Domino said, it is under discussion at the moment and so please let things lie until decisions have been made

9. 4 Thanks to witch:

CPLTD (29th March 2010), garethedmondson (29th March 2010), pwds (29th March 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,552 Times in 1,981 Posts
    Blog Entries
    No just because my opinion differs from yours it is wrong, it is different. Consider this - You are not always right. As for my rep you are looking at it from the wrong angle. From this angle I could not care less. I know full well that the reason it is red is because a couple of members who enjoy leaving me nice messages via negative rep.
    I know full well I'm not always right. No need to go all 'bold' and shouty...

I always thought messages could be left via PM? And rep was for indicating when you thought someone was doing a good thing, or if someone was behaving badly. You obviously know more about forums than me though.

11. Thanks to localzuk from:

CPLTD (29th March 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powdarrmonkey View Post
    It's red because your contributions are more aggressive and confrontational than they are constructive, informative and helpful.
    You forgot to add rude. Still awaiting my reply by the way hunny.

Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Please report any incidences of bad language that you see in order to help the mods who cannot spend their lives searching every post and do their best to police the site.

As Domino said, it is under discussion at the moment and so please let things lie until decisions have been made
    I think you will find I have.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post

I always thought messages could be left via PM? And rep was for indicating when you thought someone was doing a good thing, or if someone was behaving badly. You obviously know more about forums than me though.

Wow. Admitting your not always right.

Give me a minute to recover from my stagger and dizziness at reading such an informative revelation!

14. Thanks to ahuxham from:

CPLTD (29th March 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,828 Times in 1,135 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Of course you are not right ... I've already stated before that I am the only person here who is right!
    Everyone else is merely correct! Then again ... I have an inferiority complex ... I know you are all inferior to me.

Actually ... I read the bit I quoted above and having just watched the new Star Trek movie on DVD I first read it as "no need to 'boldly go'" ... and thought we had strayed back into the Pedants' group again.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ahuxham View Post
    Wow. Admitting your not always right.

Give me a minute to recover from my stagger and dizziness at reading such an informative revelation!
    He did not admit he was wrong, just that he knows he is. Probably a conflict he has learned to deal with on a daily basis.
    Last edited by RingOfFlame; 29th March 2010 at 11:56 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    Actually ... I read the bit I quoted above and having just watched the new Star Trek movie on DVD I first read it as "no need to 'boldly go'" ... and thought we had strayed back into the Pedants' group again.
    Haha, I learned the error of my ways when I used a split infinitive in front of my boss. Lets just say, I try hard to avoid making the same mistake again. (Although, this does depend on how much sleep I've had etc...)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post

This is the type of thing which frustrates me here...
    1) If a topic like this is up for discussion it should be "discussed" with members/supporters not behind closed doors.
    2) If the subject is under discussion, i.e. no decision has been made, why are ad-hoc and biased actions being taken which are not being consistently applied?

I don't blame ringofflame for feeling miffed. I think that is completely understandable. The initial post in this thread is also completely appropriate and doesn't deserve the disregard it has got from some replies.

19. 2 Thanks to mb2k01:

meastaugh1 (29th March 2010), RingOfFlame (29th March 2010)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    He did not admit he was wrong, just that he knows he is. Probably a conflict he has learned to deal with on a daily basis.
    Daily? Nah, every few minutes - I am male after all! Isn't it taught to all men that we're just wrong?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,771 Times in 1,193 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mb2k01 View Post
    This is the type of thing which frustrates me here...
    1) If a topic like this is up for discussion it should be "discussed" with members/supporters not behind closed doors.
    2) If the subject is under discussion, i.e. no decision has been made, why are ad-hoc and biased actions being taken which are not being consistently applied?

I don't blame ringofflame for feeling miffed. I think that is completely understandable. The initial post in this thread is also completely appropriate and doesn't deserve the disregard it has got from some replies.
    One point. Edugeek is not a democracy. Never has been. This has been pointed out in the past. We have to accept that or find somewhere else to hang out.

22. 3 Thanks to sparkeh:

Domino (29th March 2010), nephilim (30th March 2010), Tyiell (30th March 2010)

Thank Post
    Groundhog day all over again...

24. Thanks to contink from:

localzuk (29th March 2010)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast