+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, March Fool!! in General; I received this email which claimed to be from the MSI User Forum. It was long and not well written ...

-28° 31' 48.89", +28° 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Thank Post

March Fool!!

I received this email which claimed to be from the MSI User Forum. It was long and not well written so I chose to ignore it. This was 25th.

The MSI-forum and MSI-support team are fed-up with explaining you what can be found in the manual.
    I mean, come on, how hard is it to read a manual?

They are printed on paper so you see them.

We have been talking to MSI for a couple of years and came up with a solution.
    It has been implemented on a few boards for some time and with big success.
    It had various names, like CoreCenter (1st gathering tool) upto DrMOS (fully automatic)

Some of you noticed because Windows wanted you to install a driver, but you couldn't find the manufacturer.
    On AMD systems this was called the Away-driver.

What you didn't know is this, this driver activates the RTFM-chip. (Re-Turn inFormation to Manufacturer chip)
    It means it can detect if you read a manual as well stores the parameters you have set in the BIOS.
    As soon as you start Windows we are informed about your settings and manual readings.

As we have been monitoring peoples behavior for some time and combined those with the RMA information from returned boards.
    At the same time monitoring questions on the forum and matched the IP's.
    We have made a discovery.

A lot of RMA is unneeded and unwanted, many happens due to user mistakes, numbers show that 90% of the RMA is OC people killing boards and
    newbies connecting the wrong connectors or insert parts that should not be inserted.
    Or simply forget to remove standoffs or CPU-power.
    MSI plans on tackles those numbers, and the RTFM-chip will give a readout of what you have done when it did post or attempted to post!

Checking on you isn't new, Homeland-security done this ever you installed XP-SP3 or above, but their info in encrypted so useless to MSI.
    So MSI decided to ban people from support, RMA and the forum who has done the damage themselves or didn't read the manual the first of next month.
    We know who you are, and we have gathered enough information via our RTFM-chip.

The only question is, should MSI continue to do this? As some information is real bad.
    Will this hurt your relation towards MSI products?

Please let us know, as we have to talk to MSI management the first of next month and make them decide what to do with the information.

Today I get another email saying it was all an April Fools joke. Ho, ho, ho........ no... wait a minute.....it's.... um March!!! . And they complain about Easter eggs in January, now we have 2 months of April Fools pranks??

They have now locked the thread from further discussion (embarrassed I'd say).

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,287 Times in 879 Posts
    Blog Entries

3. 7 Thanks to DaveP:

AngryTechnician (27th March 2010), Batman (28th March 2010), bizzel (28th March 2010), laserblazer (27th March 2010), nephilim (29th March 2010), RinSewand (29th March 2010), stariq (29th March 2010)

Thank Post
    Ho ho. That's going on ours.

Thank Post
    I've been laughing out loud for about 5 minutes now...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by creese View Post
    I received this email which claimed to be from the MSI User Forum.
    MSI tells 97,000 customers to 'Read The F***ing Manual' ? The Register

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,018 Times in 784 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Another one I thought was an early april fools was just bad timing/placement.

Probably slightly distasteful for this forum but when I read an article on the Times website about paedophilia/catholic priests written by the renowned journalist "Roger Boyes" I couldn't help but think someone was yanking someones chain.

Quite like that printer one - got a good humoured school to visit on the 1st, might pop one on there

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post

Probably slightly distasteful for this forum but when I read an article on the Times website about paedophilia/catholic priests written by the renowned journalist "Roger Boyes" I couldn't help but think someone was yanking someones chain.

Quite like that printer one - got a good humoured school to visit on the 1st, might pop one on there
    Roger is a well known German journalist and writer.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post

Oh no, his name is quality!!

Sadly, 1st April is the first day of the holidays here, so I won't be able to do any of these. Unless, of course, it is actually a working day and the Head is playing a large-scale April Fool...

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We break up on the first. I think that notice will be going on our library printer...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    We finish on Thursday too so hopefully may get a few hours of fun out of this

For those looking i found the images here Copier Joke

12. Thanks to sister_annex from:

Martin (29th March 2010)

Thank Post
    It's my other half's birthday on Thursday. She often shouts at her old laptop for being slow. It would be too cruel to do something based on that notice ................ so I will.

Thank Post
    Excellent - expect to have staff at our place talking to the printers on thursday!

Bonus points for anyone with a home laminator to make them look that little more professional...

Thank Post
    Our students breal up on the weds, with a moderation day on thurs 1st. Shame I'm out most of that day...

Thank Post
    hmmm is it worth putting this on the printer outside the office... that's a definite yes...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread