+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, The Budget..... in General; I also think they should have a compulsary year, or two out of education before going to Uni....

-28° 31' 48.89", +28° 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Thank Post
    I also think they should have a compulsary year, or two out of education before going to Uni.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sippo View Post
    10% on cider!! Grrr.
    That was my first reaction, but AIUI it's Inflation plus 10% on the *duty* on cider, which is currently something like £25 per 100 litres, which I make to be just under 15p a pint.

So this extra 15% (inflation is about 5%) is about 2.5p a pint (but expect your landlord to round it up!)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Miss View Post
    my mom swears by boot camps!!

I was a student nurse for almost 3 years. I worked on a ward which had a lot of alcoholics on it, its not pretty. I think they should be made to work on that ward...
    You were a student nurse ? I take my hat off to you Little Miss - I have the up most regard for anyone who has worked as a nurse.
    What they did for one of my kids when he was seriously ill was amazing. My sister worked as a Nurse [ children's ] for 20 years in the NHS, now working as a private type nurse doing home visits for the local borough.

Thank Post
    !Quote!Stop the cheaper drinks from being as strong in alcoholic content say 1% alcohol by volume and the stronger stuff like spirits say need to be at least 25 years of age to be able to purchase and drink the stuff.

Everybody has to have proof of identity no matter how old they look so no proof of ID no drinky simples.

Crack down hard on those kids who drink for drinking sake, make them work in the hospitals where they would be mopping the sick and gore from other stupid kids, those who have an alcohol addiction put into a padded room with straight-jacket (same with the druggies) and let them do cold turkey both with alcohol withdrawal and drugs.

I disagree with the above statment RE: Increasing the age for some drinks to 25 years. I am nearly 20 and very rarly go out for a drink. I don't belive it is all about been young. The most trouble I see is from people in there late twenties if not older. It is all down to the individual person. Us young people are all judged and tarred with the same brush.

I went into the supermarket the other day and got refused one bottles of Jaques with what clearly was a shopping basket full off food for that nights dinner. This was just because my fiancee did not have any ID but I was paying for it and I had valid ID.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    You were a student nurse ? I take my hat off to you Little Miss - I have the up most regard for anyone who has worked as a nurse.
    What they did for one of my kids when he was seriously ill was amazing. My sister worked as a Nurse [ children's ] for 20 years in the NHS, now working as a private type nurse doing home visits for the local borough.
    The wife works in SCBU for our local hospital. The way the NHS treat their staff is dispicible.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by itguy22 View Post
    I went into the supermarket the other day and got refused one bottles of Jaques with what clearly was a shopping basket full off food for that nights dinner. This was just because my fiancee did not have any ID but I was paying for it and I had valid ID. [/B]
    Absolutely shocking isnt it. Never happened to me but ive been with people when its happened and we just, lets say, express our anger and walk out without buying anything. BTW my mates are 25-26 so no excuss for IDing them really.

-28° 31' 48.89", +28° 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Thank Post
    I like how petrol etc. is an immediate(ish) rise but things like Tax Credit increases are 2012...... IF they are still in government that is.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    Absolutely shocking isnt it. Never happened to me but ive been with people when its happened and we just, lets say, express our anger and walk out without buying anything. BTW my mates are 25-26 so no excuss for IDing them really.
    I just think it has all gone mad, It was not like we where going to go out on street corner and start causing trouble. I was in shirt trousers and Tie just after work!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by itguy22 View Post

I went into the supermarket the other day and got refused one bottles of Jaques with what clearly was a shopping basket full off food for that nights dinner. This was just because my fiancee did not have any ID but I was paying for it and I had valid ID. [/B]
    I ran into the same problem a wile back buying something or other, and got refused service. Not because I wasn't old enough, but because we had my girlfriends younger sister with us who was only 15.

There was an interesting article in this weeks local paper - somebody had written in and said that if they had taken a baby/toddler with them, then there wouldn't have been the same issue. So what age do we have to stop taking our children shopping with us.

Thank Post
    Bossman can start the "double chins national party" Code name "Captain Darling"

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    Darling was stood outside no.11 holding this old bag & then I realised it was his wife....

Ah Maggie Darling famous for this quote in How a furious Prime Minister fell out with Alistair Darling over truth of economic crisis | Politics | guardian.co.uk

Maggie Darling, a good woman who couldn't stand the bad treatment of her husband, was understandably enraged. She could not contain her fury that the Chancellor was being so brazenly traduced from next door. She blew up to one friend: "The ******* ***** are trying to stitch up Alistair! The *****! I can't believe they're such *****!"

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SC-UK View Post
    There was an interesting article in this weeks local paper - somebody had written in and said that if they had taken a baby/toddler with them, then there wouldn't have been the same issue. So what age do we have to stop taking our children shopping with us.
    Thats why we refuse to buy anything. If everyone did that it would soon change back.

Thank Post
    unfortunately we are in a ridiculous nanny state where everything is over monitored and labelled as 'making everything more safe' when in fact it is aggravating the very people it is there to protect.

Its the punishment of the masses for the flaws of the few

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    A friend who is 34, on two separate occasions, has been refused the sale of alcohol and a kitchen knife from supermarkets, for not being able to produce ID (his driver's license is not a photo ID one).

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    No government would have the balls to would they ? [ Bring back National Service ]
    I bet if it was in one of the main parties manifestos it would be a huge vote winner.
    Except with soldiers - from what I've read, none of the regular forces want a load of unfit, uncooperative, obnoxious teenagers dumping on them!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast