+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, {Microsoft Event} UK Tech Days - Looking ahead, keeping the boss happy.... in General; Tech Days - Looking ahead, keeping the boss happy and raising the profile of IT Getting More From Microsoft Technology ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

{Microsoft Event} UK Tech Days - Looking ahead, keeping the boss happy....

Tech Days - Looking ahead, keeping the boss happy and raising the profile of IT

Getting More From Microsoft Technology
    Dear {Someone}

We'd like to invite you to attend the IT Manager themed day at UK Tech Days 2010 on Friday April 16th in London.

IT Managers have more and more responsibilities to drive and support the direction of the business. How can this be done the through the IT function?

Looking ahead, keeping the boss happy and raising the profile of IT

This event explores various trends and technologies that can bring IT to the top table, from using new products such as SharePoint 2010 and System Center for score-carding, through to Microsoft's vision for the future of IT.

View Agenda

The day has as a line-up of speakers from Microsoft as well as expert Analysts looking at IT trends and IT's role in data governance. We will conclude with a look at cloud computing from the CIO's perspective.

Microsoft UK Tech Days 2010

This free event will be taking place as part of Microsoft UK Tech Days, from April 12th - 16th at two venues across London. Our day events in London will cover the latest technology releases including Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, Silverlight, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, plus events focusing on virtualisation and deployment.

Plus loads of Fringe Events on the side

In addition to the activities listed above, there will also be a number of community and evening events happening around the UK. Keep up to date with the latest additions to the schedule at @uktechdays or visit Technology events for developers & IT professionals Microsoft UK Tech Days

If you would like to run your own technology event as part of UK Tech Days contact us via uktechdays@microsoft.com

Let us know via twitter if you're planning to come, and I'll see you in April. Register Today

@alex_ball
    Last edited by EduTech; 18th March 2010 at 06:22 PM.

2. 2 Thanks to EduTech:

AngryTechnician (18th March 2010), somabc (8th April 2010)

Thank Post
    Tempted by the W7 Deployment day on 14th April. Only problem is we've got some IWBs being installed that day as well and I'm supposed to be there to supervise

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 918 Posts
    Hmmm looks very good but London again I love London but work doesn't love me going to London, can we not have these run up North again Microsoft? I went to one with Dos_Box in Manchester at The Print Works and it was great to be up north as I can get to Manchester in the car with ease.

Should add in James O'Neil is a BRILLIANT guy, I've seen him at a couple of MS Events and he is really good and very talented in the stuff he talks about so well worth it

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,159 Times in 1,597 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Hmmm looks very good but London again

There are Fringe events all over England (from Fareham & Southampton up to Newcastle)

Fringe Events

Apparently there's one on Visual Studio 2010 in "Leads" (I think the spelling is a M$ a Freudian Slip! )

Thank Post
    Yeh but nothing on Windows 7 Deployment

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Hmmm looks very good but London again I love London but work doesn't love me going to London, can we not have these run up North again Microsoft? I went to one with Dos_Box in Manchester at The Print Works and it was great to be up north as I can get to Manchester in the car with ease.

Should add in James O'Neil is a BRILLIANT guy, I've seen him at a couple of MS Events and he is really good and very talented in the stuff he talks about so well worth it
    You know you want to come down to this session really . After all the hassle Ric_ seems to be having deploying W7 with SCCM I think it may be worth it just for that session.

Thank Post
    Okai, to bump this, its on the waiting list for 4 out of the 5 days now, but for those lucky ones who have got a space I just wondered who is going for the Windows 7 Deployment Day (Wed 14th)?

I will be down for it and I'll ensure I'm wearing something Edugeek so I can be found if anyone is going from here and wants to meet me. I will be around at the end of the event as my train back up to the North isn't leaving Kings Cross until 7:30pm so happy to grab a bite of something with any member who would like to meet up.

John

Thank Post
    Fringe events look v good as well eg. Social

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,774 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Had to cancel my trip on 16th due to other commitments ... instead now trying to make the Nottingham event.

Thank Post
    just thought id mention there is a typo on the W7 deployment page - "teh" - unless this is some new lingo i dont know about

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,774 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Blog Entries
    tehy are |_337 and down wiv it.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread