+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
General Chat Thread, Birthday present ideas, please! in General; ...
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    227
    Thank Post
    5
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Rep Power
    21

    Birthday present ideas, please!

    So a week on saturday i turn 32. Fiance has been asking me recently "what do you want for your birthday?"... The trouble is, i have no idea what i want! Every attempt to come up with an idea ends up with me being distracted by something else, or staring blankly in to space for minutes on end, devoid of thoughts.

    So, my fine fellow edugeeks, I humbly ask for you help. Suggest birthday presents that a 32 year old network manager might like, bearing in mind the following provisos:

    * No games - i do enjoy a game on my Xbox, but its not a very imaginitive present following what i got for Xmas
    * No books unless they're really good - i've got a backlog to get through...
    * Budget is £20 to £30
    * Nothing too difficult to obtain - fiance is 7 months pregnant and, despite coping really well, isn't up to marathon shopping trips

    Let the suggestions commence!

  2. #2

    CPLTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    4,065
    Thank Post
    1,401
    Thanked 652 Times in 507 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by cheredenine View Post
    So a week on saturday i turn 32. Fiance has been asking me recently "what do you want for your birthday?"... The trouble is, i have no idea what i want! Every attempt to come up with an idea ends up with me being distracted by something else, or staring blankly in to space for minutes on end, devoid of thoughts.

    So, my fine fellow edugeeks, I humbly ask for you help. Suggest birthday presents that a 32 year old network manager might like, bearing in mind the following provisos:

    * No games - i do enjoy a game on my Xbox, but its not a very imaginitive present following what i got for Xmas
    * No books unless they're really good - i've got a backlog to get through...
    * Budget is £20 to £30
    * Nothing too difficult to obtain - fiance is 7 months pregnant and, despite coping really well, isn't up to marathon shopping trips

    Let the suggestions commence!


    http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/34409...2/Product.html

    perfect

  3. #3

    nephilim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dunstable
    Posts
    12,100
    Thank Post
    1,640
    Thanked 1,960 Times in 1,434 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    441
    *edit* you fixed it!

    what you want is some fluffy handcuffs!

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Stockport
    Posts
    856
    Thank Post
    258
    Thanked 106 Times in 82 Posts
    Rep Power
    39
    How about the usb pet rock?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    227
    Thank Post
    5
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Rep Power
    21
    Looking good so far, keep the ideas coming!

    Quote Originally Posted by Iain.Faulkner View Post
    How about the usb pet rock?
    Unfortunately i'm a bit too much of a pragmatist for stuff that cost money and does nothing! Plus I've got thousands of pet rocks at home, covering our driveway...

  6. #6

    nephilim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dunstable
    Posts
    12,100
    Thank Post
    1,640
    Thanked 1,960 Times in 1,434 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    441
    perhaps some antenatal DVDs so you are up to speed? lol

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,157
    Thank Post
    116
    Thanked 529 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    124
    A dictionary that shows the difference between fiance and fiancee :-)

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    227
    Thank Post
    5
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    perhaps some antenatal DVDs so you are up to speed? lol
    Nice try! Pregnancy and baby books are partly what behind my book backlog. Plus, we've been to the classes; generally very interesting, with a high point of trying the gas and air... Its like been woozy from too much beer, without the accompanying lack of limb accuracy..

    Quote Originally Posted by srochford View Post
    A dictionary that shows the difference between fiance and fiancee :-)
    Fiance's family are of Maltese heritage on her father's side, hence alternate spelling.

  9. #9
    BJG
    BJG is offline
    BJG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    465
    Thank Post
    89
    Thanked 35 Times in 25 Posts
    Rep Power
    22
    If there's really nothing you want, ask for cash and give it to charity.

















































    (Maybe that will get you thinking...)

  10. #10

    witch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    10,972
    Thank Post
    1,409
    Thanked 2,426 Times in 1,702 Posts
    Rep Power
    710
    Two tickets for a gig that YOU want to go to, but she doesnt. (obviously not a top band for that price but you should find something)
    Then you can take a friend. (course if it is after the baby is born you will need to promise an evening out for her and a mate when the baby is about 6 months or so).
    Can get them online, so no shopping trips needed
    Or...item of clothing?
    simple bit of jewellery - chain, ring, etc?

  11. #11
    ljlbray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    135
    Thank Post
    37
    Thanked 21 Times in 13 Posts
    Rep Power
    15
    Learn to windsurf - vouchers normally valid for 6-12 months and a course is around £135 for four hour lessons with an hours practise after each, or a taster lesson normally around £35 for an hour. Or it was when I used to teach it...and is fun to be able to do when you're on holiday and all the other half wants to do is sunbathe!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. International birthday present
    By jamesb in forum International Visitor Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26th February 2010, 09:52 AM
  2. What Present should I buy?
    By neilmc in forum General Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 14th August 2009, 12:02 PM
  3. script to check if folder is present
    By ful56_uk in forum Scripts
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 25th July 2009, 11:45 AM
  4. I got a present!
    By witch in forum General Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 23rd July 2009, 12:57 PM
  5. Need 21st birthday ideas
    By timbo343 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 16th July 2007, 11:49 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •