+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, MS Press Books in General; I'd like to get some MS Press books, can anyone tell me what the difference is between a Pocket Consultant ...
    Thank Post

MS Press Books

I'd like to get some MS Press books, can anyone tell me what the difference is between a Pocket Consultant and a Pocket Companion? I'm looking at Server 2008, Exchange Server 2007 and 2010, Active Directory and Group Policy, oh and Hyper-V. Any other recommends?

Before anyone says it, I actually like proper books, ones that I can read off screen/off line, over a cup of coffee (or better still with a glass in my other hand). I have been given a healthy budget for said purchases, and really looking forward to buying them At which point I must say a secret thank you to a certain someone who made the suggestion to my boss today.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,757 Posts
    Aren't you lucky!
    I don't know about the consultant ones, I've never seen one but the companions seem to tell you all you need to know about setting up, maintaining etc

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Aren't you lucky!
    Yes I am, I have books at home but none that were supplied by school, which seemed to surprise my consultant.
    I don't know about the consultant ones, I've never seen one but the companions seem to tell you all you need to know about setting up, maintaining etc
    I have an ancient Consultant (Windows 2000 Administrator's) which is well thumbed and referenced but not used for some time now. It was what I could afford at the time, though I recall thinking that I'd rather have the Companion.

Thanks, I'll price up the Companions and see how many I can fit into my budget.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,757 Posts
    I've got a couple of 'AD for dummies' type books that I bought myself and a guide to server 2008 which isnt great.
    Can you tell me what they are like once you have got and studied them? Particularly Server 2008 and AD and GP
    Thanks

Thank Post
    I've never liked the Dummies books, they don't talk my language somehow. I have two books about GP which are both by the same author (who's name escapes me) which are really comprehensive. More of an explanation of what's going on where with step-by-step instructions. I'll get the titles and let you know - the books got tidied away for Christmas and have not yet gravitated back to the front room carpet, which is where they used to live.

6. Thanks to leco from:

witch (12th March 2010)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread