+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, This is not the Wii. It's the Move. From Playstation. in General; Introducing PlayStation Move PlayStation.Blog.Europe...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts

This is not the Wii. It's the Move. From Playstation.

Thank Post
    i dont get why 360 and PS3 are going down this route, and i hope to god none of the big title ever incorporate this kind of technology, it was funny in the wii and got old fast, CoD3 on the wii was AWFUL.

I got my 360 to play good games on a nice controller, where i can lounge around and play, not so i can stand infornt my TV and look like an idiot trying to snipe a guy on the otherside of the map.

im not getting excited by "interactive" games till they build a holodeck

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,255 Times in 786 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm the same - why are people excited about this.

I get home, tired. want to kill some people over the internet..do not want to be waving my arms about like a loon to achieve this

Thank Post
    Boy you guys sound like grumpy old men

Playing Rabbids against my kids and their cousins on the Wii is more fun that I have had in years...kids don't much care about looking daft waving their arms about...

[EDIT]If you really want to kill people over the internet...join the RAF and pilot drones over Afghanistan[/EDIT]

5. 2 Thanks to CESIL:

damien.deakes (12th March 2010), mattx (12th March 2010)

Thank Post
    Same as the others, Theres a place for it in party games but if they start putting it into everything I wont be happy...what is wrong with a pad?!

The only reason Sony will have come up with this is so they're not 'left out' of the motion control gimmick

Thank Post
    But the PS3 already has motion control built in with the six-axis system and it works quite nicely in some games

Burnout: Paradise city allows for tilt steering, Killzone uses it for arming demo charges etc. I doubt I'll be getting one. It seems to be more of a "We've done this because we can" sort of thing.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoZeroAlpha View Post
    But the PS3 already has motion control built in with the six-axis system and it works quite nicely in some games

Burnout: Paradise city allows for tilt steering, Killzone uses it for arming demo charges etc. I doubt I'll be getting one. It seems to be more of a "We've done this because we can" sort of thing.
    Yeah I like the use of that sometimes - been playing Uncharted and its used to balance on beams and aim grenades.
    I play Burnout all the time...I didnt know it used it! Is it a feature you have to turn on?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
    Same as the others, Theres a place for it in party games but if they start putting it into everything I wont be happy...what is wrong with a pad?!
    Its not accessable to everyone - i know people who would love to play video games now but put a pad in there hands and they become frustrated and give up on the steep learning curve that gamers from and eary age take for granted.

Give them a motion device and they feel they can do it and get invovled. The gaming industry is massive now but is harder that sitting on a sofa or cinema screen so to intise new users and make more money this is the way to go.

The great thing about gaming now is there is somthing for everyone :-)

10. 2 Thanks to jumpinjamez:

mattx (12th March 2010), tmcd35 (12th March 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
    Yeah I like the use of that sometimes - been playing Uncharted and its used to balance on beams and aim grenades.
    I play Burnout all the time...I didnt know it used it! Is it a feature you have to turn on?
    Yup, takes some practice but it's there in the settings. Found it useful when getting the parents playing as they just can't understand a control stick. Super Rub-a-Dub is a neat little download game that really shows off it's sensitivity.

Thank Post
    meh what the hell is with Sonys designs anyhow these days, it looks like a black wii controller with a ping pong ball on top!!!!!

Thank Post
    The whole thing is just dumb.
    The controllers are a blatant rip-off of the Wii controllers, and the Wii sucks as it is.
    Same goes for the Xbox NATAL project as well, to hell with that, if you've seen the
    youtube video of Jonathan Ross trying it out you'll know what I mean, it looks and plays
    like a piece of junk.

If someone wants to get into gaming but is put off because they can't/won't use a controller, then obviously they didn't want to get into it enough did they. I wouldn't go to play cricket and then moan that I didn't like the bat and so use a tennis racket instead.

If big games like Gears of War and Call of Duty start using the motion-sensor in the gameplay and it's not optional, then I shall be jumping ship from consoles to PC gaming very, very fast.

I'm not against new things, far from it, but what I am against is stupid ideas that show the gaming companies are pushing more towards the "everyone can do something even if it's a simple party game" (Nintendo=every game) and less inclined to the "lets make an awesome game for the actual, hardcore gamers out there who will appreciate it".

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I think a few people may have missed the point with what Nintendo have done. They have sold TWICE the number of units world wide than either of their competitors despite having a technically inferior product. They have done this by finding away of opening up computer gaming to a much wider audience - like my parents.

This device is unlikely to be aimed at the hardoned gamer. Sony are in 3rd place in the worldwide console wars. It's only natural that they try and find away of snatching a piece of Nintendos action.

Good luck to them.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    I think a few people may have missed the point with what Nintendo have done. They have sold TWICE the number of units world wide than either of their competitors despite having a technically inferior product. They have done this by finding away of opening up computer gaming to a much wider audience - like my parents.

This device is unlikely to be aimed at the hardoned gamer. Sony are in 3rd place in the worldwide console wars. It's only natural that they try and find away of snatching a piece of Nintendos action.

Good luck to them.
    Aye, but also the drastically lower price may have helped.....

They've also opened up gaming to a whole new dimension - the cupboard under the stairs, where all wii's end up after a month or two

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Aye, but also the drastically lower price may have helped.....

They've also opened up gaming to a whole new dimension - the cupboard under the stairs, where all wii's end up after a month or two
    Almost 70 Million units sold [ 30 million more than the Xbox 360 & PS3 ]
    I think the numbers speak for themselves.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'm not saying anything about the numbers - there's three in my household.

However they haven't been switched on in months, which is my point. These things are faddy gimmicks. fun sometimes when your mates are round, but you feel a fool when playing alone.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast