+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Which Phone! in General; Originally Posted by AIT not that i can see no. No better suggestions, or no to free (or cheap would ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AIT View Post
    not that i can see no.
    No better suggestions, or no to free (or cheap would do!) voice dialling?

Thank Post
    Ive got a HTC Hero. Its fantastic. I can get my hotmail, Exchange ActiveSyc, ive got 550 mintuts a month, unlimited texts, the Android market is really good, its got erverything. And there should be an upgrade to Android 2.1 in the near future.

Hero gets my vote!

James

AIT
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LeMarchand View Post
    No better suggestions, or no to free (or cheap would do!) voice dialling?
    just no. i cant find a pay or free app that does it. the old phones used to come with the feature...

its the one feature its lacking.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AIT View Post
    just no. i cant find a pay or free app that does it. the old phones used to come with the feature...

its the one feature its lacking.
    There's conflicting reports that the Cyberon software and Microsoft Voice Command may work, but it looks as if someone on XDA has sorted the problem anyway.

However, now that I've seen the rumoured specs for the HD3, I'm wondering whether I should wait...

Thank Post
    Hi, I have a nokia N900 and having used the i-phone i wouldnt even consider having a i-phone given me. They just dont compare to the power a N900 has. You can do the same as a i-phone but have other things running at the same time. We have a Voip System here and the caretaker has a i-phone. You have to download a app to use it but then cant Check his txt messages because you have to leave the app (disconnect from the Voip) because you cant have a app running in the back ground. Even N80, N95 from years ago can do this basic task of multi tasking.

Thank Post
    I'd get either the HTC Desire or the iPhone.

iPhone:
    Better for media with iTunes and syncing, easier to use, arguably more visually appealing. More (though not necessarily better) applications to choose from. Better for gaming as well if you're into that.

HTC Desire:
    Better operating system (notifications, multitasking, extendability, customisation), nicer screen (quality, pixels, size), faster processor. It also has Sense UI which makes it look a lot nicer than plain Android OS.

Personally i'm getting the Desire as soon as it's released. It's scheduled to be available for pre-order direct from T-Mobile next Monday, and release is either 26th March, 1st April or 5th April depending on who you ask.

Thank Post
    I recently had the same decision to make, Iphone or blackberry. I ended up going for the blackberry just because I have a few friends with Iphones and the amount of times i have seen them with loan phones because there iphone is in for repair is unreal. They are a great device but i feel they are not very durable. I went for the blackberry as I have had one in the past and they are bulletproof, dropped from ladders on several occasions and they keep on going. The email works great really pleased with it and the battery also lasts for days. I have heard that in some cases you struggle to get a days battery life from an iphone.

Thank Post
    Currently using a HTC Dream (Tmobile G1) and have loved it. My contract is up in June, so unless anything better comes out, I'll be getting the HTC Desire.

The Android version of the HTC HD2 will be coming out sometime soon, too, but it's freaking huge!

Thank Post
    I'm looking to get a phone to be used by our Head.

We use the MS live@edu calendar and email system, so it's really important that whichever phone I get links well with that. My Iphone links to live@edu and Exchange really well. How do some of these other phones fair? Also, any idea where to start in terms of tarrifs/data plans etc ?

Thank Post
    Anyone got experience of the Nokia X6?

Seen it advertised at reasonable rates from O2, and my iPhone 3G is getting a bit old and slow now. Looking for a different replacement because I can't afford a 3GS and want something with a better camera.

Anyone know how the X6 compares to the iPhone?

Thank Post
    Hero on vodafone here, best phone I have ever owned.

would hold out for legend though if I were you, release date around april on voda

Thank Post
    Just got my HTC Desire today, mmmmmm! So fast! I love android and would never leave now. So far its very intuitive, sense UI is great. The Snapdragon 1GHz processor makes all the difference.

Can't comment on battery life, only had it for a couple of hours, but probably not much different to other smartphones after abit of 'tweaking'.

-28 31' 48.89", +28 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ascott2 View Post
    Just got my HTC Desire today, mmmmmm! So fast! I love android and would never leave now. So far its very intuitive, sense UI is great. The Snapdragon 1GHz processor makes all the difference.

Can't comment on battery life, only had it for a couple of hours, but probably not much different to other smartphones after abit of 'tweaking'.
    Have to wait until December before my Android can be renewed. I hope they sort the batteries out by then. It's the only problem with the phone, an HTC Magic.

Thank Post
    iPhone all the way

iPhone even after all this time still in the PC Pro A List

Blackberry interface is just awful

Android OS may take the title in a few years but still no there yet and some of the handsets it comes on are dreadful...

Ive had my 3gs since the day of release and it does not miss a beat. There are some really great apps out there.

Down side of the iPhone no flash support unless Jail Broken and Battery life could be Better( I charge mine every night) but it does last me all day.

Although Exchange support is good it does not support Daily Tasks

However it's like having my own Triquater

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ascott2 View Post

I'm very jealous! My current contract doesn't run out till July!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast