+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Parents Angry Over CCTV In School Toilets in General; Parents Angry Over CCTV In School Toilets - Yahoo! News UK...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,449 Posts
    Blog Entries

Parents Angry Over CCTV In School Toilets

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 918 Posts
    We had this on here last year or maybe the year before, it just goes round in circles. It will not be at the cubicals it will be at the basins / the enterance / exit to the facilities which is common place and acceptable. Female loos are easier to use CCTV in as they don't have urinals where exposure could be an issue but still shouldn't be looking at cubicals or those areas as i'd hope most people are in a state of dress by the time they are washing there hands!

Thank Post
    Can't believe this story still makes the news. A school I previously worked had had cameras in the toilets over 10 years ago, and my previous school did and still does. The one I work at now used to until they got vandalised, and we chose not to replace them. There are quite strict guidelines for placing them from what I remember.

Mike.

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 741 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If parents could see the vandalism that occurs they'd be all for the CCTV. Our toilets (both sexes) get periodically trashed - sinks blocked, taps damaged, soap dispensers pulled off the walls, graffiti, ceiling tiles broken, you name it. If we had CCTV here it wouldn't happen.

Thank Post
    The parents who complain are probably the ones who rashed the toilets when they were at school and think it acceptable for their kids to do the same! We decided against putting cameras in the loos but the doors are covered.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,862 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We have a CCTV camera in our boy's loo here - pointing at the entrance area and sink area. You can't see the toilets, or the urinals. So far it has come in helpful several times in finding out who vandalised something.

I think what happens with these articles is the kids go home and say 'they have CCTV in the loos!', the parents think they mean the cubicles, and it spirals from there.

Thank Post
    Why would you need CCTV in the toilets? Little Billy and his friends would NEVER do any damage.

AIT
    Thank Post
    this isnt the first post about this. and i might add we have a camera in the boys toilets pointing at the washing up area as well. however we consulted the school council and got the pupils involved.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AIT View Post
    this isnt the first post about this. and i might add we have a camera in the boys toilets pointing at the washing up area as well. however we consulted the school council and got the pupils involved.
    Do you send them in with dishes?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    If parents could see the vandalism that occurs they'd be all for the CCTV. Our toilets (both sexes) get periodically trashed - sinks blocked, taps damaged, soap dispensers pulled off the walls, graffiti, ceiling tiles broken, you name it. If we had CCTV here it wouldn't happen.
    If parents HAD TO PAY for the vandalism that occurs they'd be the first ones saying why haven't you got CCTV?

SLT decided part of our job now is dispensing loo roll and soap as whenever they have loo roll in the toilets they flood them and smash the soap dispensers off the wall. Also in the last couple of weeks had a radiator pulled off the wall and cubicle doors kicked in half.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread