+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
General Chat Thread, 6 Music could be saved in General; I see the BBC underestimated the strength of feeling about 6 Music: BBC News - BBC Trust open to 6 ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,302 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Blog Entries

6 Music could be saved

I see the BBC underestimated the strength of feeling about 6 Music: BBC News - BBC Trust open to 6 Music 'rethink'
    I know many of you don't have DAB, but trust me when I say it is proberbly one of the best stations around. It is the only one that plays 'new' music from artists trying to break through that are not pop related, and it employs DJs who actually know a thing or two about music, and don't waffle rubbish to boost their egos. 6 Music is a great example of what the BBC should be doing rather than what they are doing with their mainstream stations.
    I hope it all works out well for them

Thank Post
    Should axe radio 1

with getting rid of jonathan ross and chris moyles, would save theirselves a fortune haha

3. 5 Thanks to stevenwba:

BatchFile (3rd March 2010), HodgeHi (4th March 2010), j17sparky (3rd March 2010), witch (3rd March 2010), _Bat_ (3rd March 2010)

Thank Post

SAVE 6 MUSIC

Completely agree. The Adam & Joe show is hilarious.

SAVE 6 MUSIC

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,811 Times in 1,559 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think they should get rid of the entire BBC its aload of tosh. There is only one program on there i like. I never ever watch or listen to them.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box View Post
    I see the BBC underestimated the strength of feeling about 6 Music: BBC News - BBC Trust open to 6 Music 'rethink'
    I know many of you don't have DAB, but trust me when I say it is proberbly one of the best stations around. It is the only one that plays 'new' music from artists trying to break through that are not pop related, and it employs DJs who actually know a thing or two about music, and don't waffle rubbish to boost their egos. 6 Music is a great example of what the BBC should be doing rather than what they are doing with their mainstream stations.
    I hope it all works out well for them
    Only got 1 DAB in our house but will try to give it a listen as that sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenwba View Post
    Should axe radio 1

with getting rid of jonathan ross and chris moyles, would save theirselves a fortune haha
    Id vote for that! Radio1 has been utter tosh since around 2000. Whenever i put it on all they seem to be playing is the crazy frog, or atleast that what it sounds like to me. Half the time i think its just one of the silly jingles but it turns out to be a real song!!!

Thank Post
    Where will Jon Richardson go if they scrap 6Music? He's brilliant!

Id vote for that! Radio1 has been utter tosh since around 2000. Whenever i put it on all they seem to be playing is the crazy frog, or atleast that what it sounds like to me. Half the time i think its just one of the silly jingles but it turns out to be a real song!!!
    You've not listened to Scott Mills or Chris Moyles then, or Greg James for that matter. All brilliant shows.

Thank Post
    Wow! You lot are getting old :/

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
    I think they should get rid of the entire BBC its aload of tosh. There is only one program on there i like. I never ever watch or listen to them.
    Your spot on there, i just dont know how they justify every household with a tv, to pay £140 a year for it, scrap the lot!!!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
    Unfortunately i agree. There was noone better at making documentaries, but they dont even make them nomore hardly.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,302 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You've not listened to Scott Mills or Chris Moyles then, or Greg James for that matter. All brilliant shows.
    Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. I really suggest you listen to some 'real' DJs on a decent station and not tuning in to the broadcasting equivelent of 'Just 17' magazine.

Thank Post
    radio 6 music is the only station i have heard that plays decent music - mixture of up and coming and classic good old stuff.
    BBC website is the best out there and a great worldwide advert for the UK and values we stand for.
    So they are cutting the 2 parts of the BBC I like most - don't watch much telly.
    Thats my tuppence worth!

Thank Post
    No DAB - wondered why I hadn't heard of this station when it was on the news this morning! Shame, as it sounds more like my kind of thing than the dross that is R1 & R2.

It's quite sad that I find more music I like by going on the net after having heard it used as backing on a TV show than by listening to the radio; but even that's less frequent now that the music companies are charging way too m7ch for all that free publicity .

Thank Post
    The BBC should try out new things, its same old same old. I only watch BBC now for Being Human, Survivors, Doctor Who, Torchwood (which they killed!!) and err the odd TV Show other than that FIVEUSA is the thing to watch, regarding the Radio... I don't listen to it at all! and If I did it'd be something like BBC Wales so I don't understand all the news updates!!!

Thank Post
    Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. I really suggest you listen to some 'real' DJs on a decent station and not tuning in to the broadcasting equivelent of 'Just 17' magazine.
    lmfao Nail on head.

Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    I used to listen to Radio1 and Galaxy for 8-12 hours every single weekday for 5 years (not through choice). I worked rotating shifts so i think its fair to say i have listened to as much radio1 as anyone, at all times of the day. So yes i have heard their shows.
    Last edited by j17sparky; 3rd March 2010 at 11:20 AM.

Thank Post
    If I wanted to listen to dull presenters all day, I'd tune in to Radio 2 or some other station equally as dry. The difference with the people mentioned is that they're fun. They don't sit around talking about politics and other news which you hear every hour anyway or how much the price of soup has gone up in Asda.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast