+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
General Chat Thread, What is it about Blue LEDs? in General; Originally Posted by ahuxham You can get Belkin multiways and set the TV as master, than when the TV is ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,443 Times in 1,891 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ahuxham View Post
    You can get Belkin multiways and set the TV as master, than when the TV is turned off, the multiway detects this and powers down all sockets and those that are plugged in around it.

Belkin Concerve Energy-Saving 8 Socket Surge Protector with Remote Switching (BG108000CE2M) [BG108000ce2M] Power Management Surge Protectors
    Except, the TV would then not be on at night doing its freeview updates... Nor would the BTVision box. That's the thing - these devices demand access at night, but I don't need to see that they're on with a bright LED.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben123 View Post
    Hes got it in one!

I am ashamed to admit, my "gaming" PC at home, the whole thing is a big blue blur of LED.

Although ashamed, i love it!
    My home desktop has blue fans for drawing in cool air and a red fan for pushing out the warm

3. Thanks to Ric_ from:

Ben-BSH (2nd March 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Except, the TV would then not be on at night doing its freeview updates... Nor would the BTVision box. That's the thing - these devices demand access at night, but I don't need to see that they're on with a bright LED.
    Wait, your TV does Freeview updates all the time? My TV hasn't updated in over a year, all software is still the same, unless you've got some super Freeview package.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric_ View Post
    My home desktop has blue fans for drawing in cool air and a red fan for pushing out the warm
    That is, brilliant!

Thank Post
    Wait, your TV does Freeview updates all the time? My TV hasn't updated in over a year, all software is still the same, unless you've got some super Freeview package.
    no but they update randomly and unlkess you want to keep checking a website daily (as sometimes the schedule changes) then it needs to be on (having said that my freeview intergrated tv still says on digital and digi text dont work its never had a software update and the panasonic downstairs had an issue with over 100 channels that required an e-mail to panasonic and them sending out a cam to flash it rather than an ota update)

Thank Post
    Everything in my house gets switched off at the plug before I go to bed (cept things like the fridge...) Which is good coz my rabbits escaped last night. Don't think they'd have been very happy chewing through cables if I'd left everything on!

Thank Post
    Whats the carbon footprint of all these standby LED's?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    no but they update randomly and unlkess you want to keep checking a website daily (as sometimes the schedule changes) then it needs to be on (having said that my freeview intergrated tv still says on digital and digi text dont work its never had a software update and the panasonic downstairs had an issue with over 100 channels that required an e-mail to panasonic and them sending out a cam to flash it rather than an ota update)
    Mines worked flawlessly for over 18 months now, its turned off at the wall when not in use, and I've never had problems with downloaded of updates as there hasn't been a release for that period of time, and I never have schedule problems, if I press " i " it tells me exactly what is on there and then, same as the Tv Guide, the second I turn it on, that's the first place I go.

Different strokes and all, we don't all have the same television sets after all.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JJonas View Post
    Whats the carbon footprint of all these standby LED's?
    They use between 30-60 milliwatts of power, so can't assume to much, more TV's on standby and devices than simple LED's

Thank Post
    I like blue...gives the server room a nice glow. Blue = calm, orange/red = PANIC

Wouldnt want it on a desktop PC though...remember years ago I bought all the lights, neon bubble tubes etc, and that was considered cool then

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,443 Times in 1,891 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The BTVision box updates all the time. And Freeview changes randomly - I tried turning it off and on when I wanted to use it but the TV then does a full re-scan of every channel, so if I want to watch anything, I have to wait 10 minutes until its done. Not something I want to do every day...

Thank Post
    The BTVision box updates all the time. And Freeview changes randomly - I tried turning it off and on when I wanted to use it but the TV then does a full re-scan of every channel, so if I want to watch anything, I have to wait 10 minutes until its done. Not something I want to do every day...
    i found with my old box (i now use media centre and have since xp) if i turned off the pvr at the wall it took ages to get guide data again sometimes hours and as its a recorder it (and now pc) are set to record stuff overnight so turning it off wouldnt work anyway

Thank Post
    Really? That seems very odd, mine just comes back and all my channels are there, no need to ever re-scan, and it automatically switched over to the digital signal when our local mast went live.

Thank Post
    Really? That seems very odd, mine just comes back and all my channels are there, no need to ever re-scan, and it automatically switched over to the digital signal when our local mast went live.
    Likewise. The channels change from time to time, but it doesn't have to rescan them and it does them as soon as it's booted up.

I'd say it was a symptom of cheap equipment, but mine's an external box at a cost of, wait for it... a whole 30.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,169 Times in 1,604 Posts
    We have an LG TV in our spare room with no Off switch (only standby). It is routinely turned off at the mains along with everything else except the Sky+ box. I have an individually switched extension lead... connected to it are the TV, a DVD player (used infrequently), xBox, Wii, and a Keyboard. Never had any issue with any of them being off overnight.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast