+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, Holiday fun in General; Originally Posted by bashy Have had salto for a couple of years. beware which of water getting into the door ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,496 Times in 1,342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bashy View Post
    Have had salto for a couple of years. beware which of water getting into the door locks have replaced 20 out of 40. but always the same doors.
    Thanks for that.

Mainly internal doors on the IT suites and reception at the moment anyway.

Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 01hanstu View Post
    We just purchased adobe cs4 premium, and are deciding how on earth we can roll it out, but I think a brew will have the answer, or if not i'll right the other site/team.
    wasted a day of my life trying to configure silent install of CS4 web premium - not the only one if you read forums. Now doing manual install - copied cd contents to network and can run 30 at once with help of impero. Some rooms have different version of quicktime - this stops firewoks from loading - so more work to uninstall and put latest version. Good luck with your installation

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maark View Post
    wasted a day of my life trying to configure silent install of CS4 web premium - not the only one if you read forums. Now doing manual install - copied cd contents to network and can run 30 at once with help of impero. Some rooms have different version of quicktime - this stops firewoks from loading - so more work to uninstall and put latest version. Good luck with your installation
    I do feel your pain, but i had the issue with CS3 managed to get it working in the end though thankfully.. honestly have not tried with CS4 that time will come.. i think i posted on here about the issues and had some tutorials that may of helped

James.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    Also have to setup clustered xenservers with ix4-200d for storage and then virtualise my servers which are running on old out of warranty hardware.
    I've gotta ask - why on Earth does the ix4-200d come with 2 x network sockets, but the ix4-200r (the rack mount version) only come with 1??? That makes so little sense!!!

Thank Post
    Spent the day setting up a wireless link to some outbuildings - all rather successful and nice to get out in the fresh air!

RwD

Thank Post
    Adding daily snapshot backup of SIMS server to list of items to be rsync'd to new OpenSolaris backup server. This needs a patched and re-compiled version of rsync to be able to handle the --copy-devices option. This needs a C compiler. This needs enough disk space on the OpenSolaris server's system disk to install GCC, which it doesn't currently have. Bother.

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    I've gotta ask - why on Earth does the ix4-200d come with 2 x network sockets, but the ix4-200r (the rack mount version) only come with 1??? That makes so little sense!!!
    Indeed it doesn't make any sense they are essentially the same, quite a price deifference between the 2 as well.

Ben

Thank Post
    Fully repatched our our network cabinet in the Sixth Form block, was sick of the 3metre cables in place so all nice short 30CM's!

Our internet has been down since 12:30 - due to ISP issues, which means I can't remote in from home to do some of the other jobs I wanted to get finished tonight. Wonder how many phonecalls / TXT's I get from staff tonight wanting to know why the can't check their e-mails!

Thank Post
    Today - FOGed three new N130 netbooks, DELPROFed three ICT Suites, FOGed a staff laptop as it was running slow, updated SIMS, updated and patched servers, ticked the IGMP box on the HP Procurves.

Tomorrow - spring clean some of the staff areas (13GB of pictures is not on in one staff members area), DELPROF rest of ICT Suites, speak to Burasr about my M.R.S. score, tidy my desk and do the washing up.

Wednesday - No idea yet. See what happens tomorrow. Do need to start planning all the new servers though.

Thursday - No idea.

Friday - Try and work from home.

Thank Post
    I remember the first package I had to make, Macromedia Studio MX, and the pillock that I am was well chuffed that it worked. I was was wrong. made the package pushed it to our test pc's and oops ... forgot to add the Serial number to the process and had to start again, im sure that CS4 will go smother (fingers crossed).

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 908 Posts
    Lets see spend the day taking my I-Desks to pieces to have some shiny new motherboards fitted by the nice man from Asus (to replace the dodgy ones that over-heat and were naff ) Also had I-Desk to modify the TFT brackets so they are now VESA plates rather than the friction couplings that kept breaking, so big thanks to Steve Brooks the MD at I-Desk for sorting that out for us, will just take us another 2 days to put the room back together now, they are such fiddly things to work in those cases and all those wires! but will all be worth it in the end

Oh and preparing for no electricty for the next 2 days I must remember to dig out the emergency phone from the safe and phone the phone company in the morning to put all the numbers on divert to it so I can actually do some work / have some chance of it.

Thank Post
    Beginning, middle and end of my main comms cab repatch.

I don't have a before shot which is a shame as it was previously cabled with 2m & 3m long grey patch leads.

Also a beggining and end shot of my server cab which houses firewall, webfilter and webserver.

Ben
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Holiday fun-1.jpg   Holiday fun-2.jpg   Holiday fun-3.jpg   Holiday fun-s1.jpg   Holiday fun-s2.jpg  

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,463 Times in 980 Posts
    Blog Entries

Week is getting worse, I think I may have fixed the SCCM errors, but WSUS broke in the process

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123