+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, advice on noise in General; Nice one, were still going through it all 30 days now and counting.... Had council, police and landlord over so ...
    Thank Post
    Nice one, were still going through it all 30 days now and counting.... Had council, police and landlord over so far this week

Thank Post
    Nice!

It will be interesting to see if they take any notice of it.

I've read accounts of people that ignore them altogether until they get called to court- I hope that isn't you!

@ the back of my server racks farting.....
    Thank Post
    Update:

Well he's broken the abatement notice next is court!!!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Been going through a similar thing here. We live in a newbuild block of flats (built 2008)- looked lovely when we moved in, especially having the whole block to ourselves for over a month.
    Until we realised how badly insulated the entire place is - you can hear EVERYTHING said downstairs or upstairs, more so in the kitchens/bathrooms. The young lady upstairs and along-one woke us up the other night with very loud "pleasuring." It also woke up the fella downstairs from us - the sound travels along the walls like nothing. We've had the builders and council out, and apparently it all falls well within regulations; meaning they're absolutely rubbish. Had loud music coming from 5/6 flats away which kept the entire block up, and nothing got done as a result. And the kids - although it's not their fault, the flats were built for young families like us. The kid upstairs is hypo, our kid is hypo, the 3 kids downstairs illegally in a 2 bed flat are all hypo and scream a lot - especially at 4:30am.

Noone will do *anything*. However it works well in our favour to get moved to a house - we need a garden

Thank Post
    Had this in our last flat...first downstairs neighbours used to play insanely loud music all day (woman didn't work). Missus complained - "covers up the noise of your cats". Erm. WTF...

Then they started it at 10pm or later, while the missus was pregnant. We had a LARGE disagreement about that, during which I pointed out I used to rent off his landlord and had his number on the phone, and a copy of the tenancy from the company they used...and that he was in breach, and it was a case of "pack it in NOW, or I'll start taking some action".

Shortly after, they moved out. Bliss reigned for 3 months. Then next door built a gantry thing on their flat that put a verandah RIGHT outside our bathroom window (touching distance), and they used to have drunken parties until 3-4am.

Then we got new neighbours downstairs...the mother is a bit doolally I think. Kids..nice enough, but all their mates started hanging around the flats/drive/my car, and we had police "drive by's" most nights, fighting, noise, and then they started doing DIY and hammering at midnight in their flat, under our bedroom.

Father occasionally showed up, put up a gazebo in the shared garden with all sides shut..permanent whiff of joints etc. On one occasion I heard him call a cab, and say "it's OK, I'm broke so I'll leg it when he stops.". Nice.

Then things started to go missing...our plants, our garden tools..they locked the shared tool cupboard, I found them using our kit etc. We decided to lose a months rent and break our contract to get out. When we were getting it all together, we had the kids saying "you're taking OUR stuff"..no, it was MINE.

They'd even squirrelled our mountain bikes away for "safety"...yes...I'm sure you weren't eyeing them for parts for yours...mmhmm.

The police are used to that family...and amusingly nobody has even LOOKED at that flat since (6 months now)..everyone locally knows them, and isn't interested.

We're currently in a detached 2 bed cottage, on a 6 month lease...up in 5 days. However, I did ask about extending that and they said "fine with us".. Tiddler is 5 months old tomorrow...it's been bliss. No noise worries at all for anyone.

Thank Post
    After working full on for 2 weeks today was my lay in!!! 09:45 and the MUSIC starts going!!! I wasnt happy

Thank Post
    music started again last night 8pm till 1am............. argh quite time! nope 5am back on BOOMING...

time to play things my way, went into the little out house where the electric meters are, turned his off, changed the lock to one of my own! strange its been quite all day!!!! and they cannot contact the landlord until Tuesday by time I will have chnaged the lock back....

Wonder if this will be the last of I hear this weekend!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    music started again last night 8pm till 1am............. argh quite time! nope 5am back on BOOMING...

time to play things my way, went into the little out house where the electric meters are, turned his off, changed the lock to one of my own! strange its been quite all day!!!! and they cannot contact the landlord until Tuesday by time I will have chnaged the lock back....

I like that, well done

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post

Love it

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123