+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, Your worst piece of software in General; AQA Online Exams. Although that said It went so desasterously last time Science attempted to do them that I very ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    AQA Online Exams. Although that said It went so desasterously last time Science attempted to do them that I very much doubt the server will ever get switched on again.

I refuse to delete the VM because that'd mean rebuilding the bloody thing if someone decided to terrorise their students with them again. I've made the mistake of deleting the VM 3 times now - grrrr.

2. Thanks to tmcd35 from:

RobFuller (9th February 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    I created an MSI file with a admin.ini which tells it all that infomation. though it does randomly lose work / corrupt it

Have you installed Mediator SP1
    Yes - no difference my end - but I'm really not surprised..... I've just come to accept that it's crap, it will remain crap & crapness and mediator just happen to go together, just like Sophos and high CPU usage in fact.....

Thank Post
    Sequence this into App-V works so much better!

Quote Originally Posted by Linfit View Post
    Edexcel/Promissor testing software. In use every day here at the mo - have to restart the server most mornings (good job its virtualised) breaks every time you do an upgrade, painfully slow, requires admin rights on the workstations and the client software is called "Administrator !"

Add that to the appalling Edexcel online website which you have to use to enter the candidates; awful design, completely counter-intuitive and apparently running on a 386 with 4M of RAM in a datacentre in Nepal...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Miss View Post
    Abacus evolve IPlanner.....Heinemann/Ginn software!
    noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

wtf still dont work on vista / 7 (though i now use it on virtual pc so 1 file to install lol) requires a local sql 2000 instance its overkill and means unless you are clever renaming a pc/putting it on a base image dosent work though i have gotten round that

individual practice software seems to keep destroying pupil records atm as well 1 year at a time only way to make it so staff acn edit allowed tasks is to delete config file and recreate all students

old versions of digiblue

lego mindstorms wont deploy drivers to an sp3 pc (though a 2 simple msi exists that works usually) and the program 1/2 deploys via msi needs more files xcopying to its install dir

oh and sims for not updating when it should causing me to spend 1/2 a day running rund classrooms updating it manually when its supposed to be automatic and staff have approriate permissions to update it
    Last edited by sted; 9th February 2010 at 01:09 PM.

Thank Post
    Edexcel DIDA
    Doesn't work properly without each student manually changing flash security

and ICT4Life
    Rediculously heavy and slow to administer, build round a bunch of XML files that need a scheduled task to delete the lock files every night or it doesn't work at all!

Oh and Office 2007
    Too heavy and what the @#%& is the Macro menu doing under "view"

Note the introduction of the "mad smilie irritation quantitification" scale above

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    Any software used in a school....
    That's a bit unfair. Map Detective is great.

IEP3 gets my vote, closely followed by Report:Assist.

Thank Post
    can i include members of staff there software is always going wrong.. in there head.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DAZZD88 View Post
    What problem are you having with it mate?
    issues with trying to push it out over the network (using msi...), I've got a couple of ideas which I'm going to try first before I admit defeat - thanks for asking though May be calling on you later

Thank Post
    ANY old Sherston primary software...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,110 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Testbase

Firstly the instructions for CC3: a blind monkey with no hands on a typewriter would have more chance of producing instructions that would even vaguely work and would probably be more receptive when you try to send them instructions that actually work. Secondly the actual process is ridiculous: click button A, click button B, enter enough licence details until you are dreaming about the establishment code, order number and subject keys in the dead of night while in a cold sweat, then do the secret dance of worship to the Sun God Ra while sacrificing a lamb from the slopes of the exactly right mountain from the Nepal. Then, just then, it might work (but actually more likely to give out the 'invalid licence' error!)

Yes I hate it.

12. 2 Thanks to sparkeh:

BenABF (14th October 2010), Rydra (20th October 2010)

Thank Post

Angry

Any software that requires admin privledges on the client and/or doesnt come with an installer package, also any software written by testing centres (not seen a good one yet).

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by westleya View Post
    ANY old Sherston primary software...
    most of the old stuff can be made better using the network installer cd then it just runs off a shared network drive no playbook garbage

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    Testbase

Firstly the instructions for CC3: a blind monkey with no hands on a typewriter would have more chance of producing instructions that would even vaguely work and would probably be more receptive when you try to send them instructions that actually work. Secondly the actual process is ridiculous: click button A, click button B, enter enough licence details until you are dreaming about the establishment code, order number and subject keys in the dead of night while in a cold sweat, then do the secret dance of worship to the Sun God Ra while sacrificing a lamb from the slopes of the exactly right mountain from the Nepal. Then, just then, it might work (but actually more likely to give out the 'invalid licence' error!)

Yes I hate it.
    I agree, along with their ExamWizard software

16. Thanks to BassTech from:

BenABF (14th October 2010)

Thank Post
    Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0

Shows an invalid registration error on startup after using sysprep. Switched to installing via gpo after a clone using the included MSI which now means that although it works, it now asks all students to register the software each time, everytime, and regularly corrupts student's project files - they get a message about not being able to open Premiere Pro files in Elements which I believe is a load of cack.

Oh, and we occasionly get students where once they open the program, it closes itself back down again.

+1 for Edexcel Promissor - complete waste of time. Mine is installed on an old P4 tower, thing is I would like to stick it into a VM, but everytime I've ever attempted to do this, I get all sorts of error messages. I even tried following the original instructions, but it seems to be clinging on to the original PC.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by solitaire89 View Post
    issues with trying to push it out over the network (using msi...), I've got a couple of ideas which I'm going to try first before I admit defeat - thanks for asking though May be calling on you later
    I'm assuming you have already set up your administrative install point using the netcopy msi on the cds and entered your license key?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast