+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Tracking down an old family friend in General; Back in the day, when I was still a kid, late 80s, I lived with my folks in a council ...
    Thank Post

Tracking down an old family friend

Back in the day, when I was still a kid, late 80s, I lived with my folks in a council house in North London. We had an older woman living upstairs who was very friendly and very good to my parents. She would come and spend time with us nearly everyday and was generally a very nice person. In 1989 we moved away and lost contact with her. However, I do remember going to visit her in what turned out to be a care home in Harrow in the early 1990s. This was the last time I ever saw her.

Recently my dad gave me his contacts diary to move his contacts to an electronic medium and I noticed he still had her last known details. I decided to give the care home a call and ask for her. I was told there was no one of that name living there. I asked if they would have records of her possibly from the early 1990s and they put me through to the supervisor who said she had been there for 20 years and never come across anyone of that name. I know for a fact though that we had visited her at the care home.

So, what I would like to know is whether there is anyway I can track her down? I have to admit it is unlikely that she may still be alive. She was very old and I think I remember her and my mum once talking about cancer, not sure if she was suffering from it. Trouble is, other than her name and 2 addresses, the last known place (care home) and the old council house, I have no other details about her.

So, where can I start? Would I be able to track her down? Or find out what happened to her?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,695 Times in 2,285 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by SYNACK; 8th February 2010 at 11:44 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread