+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
General Chat Thread, The Cleveland show in General; So.. did anyone catch the Cleveland show last night? I, personally, didn't like it. I didn't think it was that ...
  1. #1
    BrianG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    163
    Thank Post
    64
    Thanked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    21

    The Cleveland show

    So.. did anyone catch the Cleveland show last night? I, personally, didn't like it. I didn't think it was that funny. It's not a patch on Family Guy but that's because it's missing all the main characters that make that show so good. I did see some similarities though.. his son is very similar to Chris and the young lad is stewie with an afro

    What did you guys think?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    500
    Thank Post
    97
    Thanked 62 Times in 56 Posts
    Rep Power
    24
    I didn't like it much either... only watched the first episode then gave in and watched Terminator 2 for the hundreth time!!

  3. #3

    sparkeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,019
    Thank Post
    1,365
    Thanked 1,771 Times in 1,193 Posts
    Blog Entries
    22
    Rep Power
    530
    I loved it!
    I was glad that it wasn't just Family Guy in a different setting. The humour was different and refreshing.
    Personally I find Family Guy gets less funny as the seasons progress and it was nice to see something different.

  4. #4
    BrianG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    163
    Thank Post
    64
    Thanked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    I loved it!
    I was glad that it wasn't just Family Guy in a different setting. The humour was different and refreshing.
    Personally I find Family Guy gets less funny as the seasons progress and it was nice to see something different.

    You're right. I didn't want it to be just another family guy. I just hoped the comedy would have been on a par with Family guy. Maybe it will grow on me. I won't give up watching it just yet. I like to give new programs a chance. The only bit that made me laugh was when Cleveland ran over the dog and the hillbilly came to check it for sexual abuse before taking it home to have " chinese take out "

  5. #5
    BrianG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    163
    Thank Post
    64
    Thanked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcsltd View Post
    I didn't like it much either... only watched the first episode then gave in and watched Terminator 2 for the hundreth time!!
    You can never have enough terminator. I keep meaning to sit myself down and watch the latest one, Salvation but not had chance yet.. Any one seen it? any good?

  6. #6

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    18,157
    Thank Post
    522
    Thanked 2,552 Times in 1,981 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    877
    I loved it also. I think possibly the humour is even more adult than Family Guy's. Found it quite refreshing

  7. #7
    Cools's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    498
    Thank Post
    24
    Thanked 62 Times in 57 Posts
    Rep Power
    25
    turned it off after 2 min.. its Poo..

    http://2freshbread.files.wordpress.c...pg?w=470&h=368

    More like a black family guy..

  8. #8

    korifugi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    1,045
    Thank Post
    233
    Thanked 316 Times in 179 Posts
    Rep Power
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
    ...I keep meaning to sit myself down and watch the latest one, Salvation but not had chance yet.. Any one seen it? any good?
    I've seen it and feel sullied just by having watched it - seriously, give it a wiiiiide berth.

    Failing that, make your own mind up but don't say I didn't warn you...

  9. #9
    BrianG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    163
    Thank Post
    64
    Thanked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by korifugi View Post
    I've seen it and feel sullied just by having watched it - seriously, give it a wiiiiide berth.

    Failing that, make your own mind up but don't say I didn't warn you...

    What's wrong with it? is it a case of taking it too far? I know great stories can be spoilt by dragging it out for too long

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    500
    Thank Post
    97
    Thanked 62 Times in 56 Posts
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
    You can never have enough terminator. I keep meaning to sit myself down and watch the latest one, Salvation but not had chance yet.. Any one seen it? any good?
    I do like the new one!! watched it at the cinema and then again on Sunday whilst recovering from a hangover!!

  11. #11
    BrianG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    163
    Thank Post
    64
    Thanked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcsltd View Post
    I do like the new one!! watched it at the cinema and then again on Sunday whilst recovering from a hangover!!

    Aren't you supposed to watch something gentle and soothing when you've got a hangover?

  12. #12

    korifugi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    1,045
    Thank Post
    233
    Thanked 316 Times in 179 Posts
    Rep Power
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
    What's wrong with it?
    While I have no problems with a film having a plot - hell, they all need one and some of the "Spechul efekt eggstravarganzars (sic!)" have too little (i.e. non existant!).

    This tries too hard, I expected massive battles between the humans and the machines - lots of blowing up. All we get is some arty farty nonsense about a new type of terminator that could spell DISASTAR (sic!).

    I haven't stated what the new termie type is/does as not to spoil it for anyone who actually wants to watch it.

  13. #13
    BrianG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    163
    Thank Post
    64
    Thanked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    21
    I'll have to watch it now. even if it's bad.. i want to see how bad it is

    It would sometimes be nice that, instead of something spelling disaster to come, that they actually get on with it and show us the disaster.. Like you say.. lots of fighting, explosions and action

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    500
    Thank Post
    97
    Thanked 62 Times in 56 Posts
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
    Aren't you supposed to watch something gentle and soothing when you've got a hangover?
    Probably, but it was on Virgin movie player and I wanted to look at something pretty like Christian Bale and Sam Worthington!! Although the loudness didn't help the headache!!

  15. #15


    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    6,815
    Thank Post
    231
    Thanked 888 Times in 763 Posts
    Rep Power
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by korifugi View Post
    I haven't stated what the new termie type is/does as not to spoil it for anyone who actually wants to watch it.
    goes round hugging trees? or is it killing things lol

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Video] Cleveland Bear Scare
    By mattx in forum Jokes/Interweb Things
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17th June 2009, 11:12 AM
  2. I wonder who I can show this to?
    By GrumbleDook in forum Jokes/Interweb Things
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 27th February 2008, 09:52 AM
  3. SHOW OFF YOUR VLE HERE
    By thegrassisgreener in forum Virtual Learning Platforms
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 19th October 2007, 10:12 PM
  4. Family.Show
    By thom in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23rd July 2007, 07:18 PM
  5. helpdesk show
    By russdev in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 23rd March 2006, 01:05 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •