+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, dailymotion.com in General; I've been asked to download a video from this site which as far as I can read, is fine for ...

Thank Post

dailymotion.com

I've been asked to download a video from this site which as far as I can read, is fine for personal use as upon uploading your video you are agreeing to their rights which state that it can be used by other people. The only problem I see is the particular video I have been asked to download, the boomtown rats- I hate Mondays. Now while it is on the list I assume it's fine as it should adhere to the sites critera, but I cant help thinking that it shouldn't be there in the first place?

So my question is, what do I do. Download it or refuse? Said teacher wants it on a DVD, although I want to meet them and find out what it is being used for - my thinking is if it's on the network via a computer it can be shown through the web anyway and miss me out. If they are using a DVD player then thats not an option. Suggestions most welcome.

Here is the link if anyone is interested MusicVideo

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,291 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, that's been uploaded without the copyright holders permissions, so you're still not supposed to have it. And personal use doesn't really cover school showings anyway.

3. Thanks to Domino from:

penfold (28th January 2010)

Thank Post
    Can't see the vid from school, but if it's actually the promo I would imagine that unless the actual copyright holder uploaded it and not just some spod then it's infringing copyright. Pretty sure that YouTube T&C states that you must own the copyright to upload anything - but that doesn't stop people throwing up whatever takes their fancy.

Tell the teacher that you're not happy doing it, as it infringes copyright. If you're feeling helpful tell them how to d/l it and transfer to DVD, making it clear that you do not recommend this course of action and that s/he will personally be liable should the copyright cops come a-knocking.

5. Thanks to LeMarchand from:

penfold (28th January 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LeMarchand View Post
    Can't see the vid from school, but if it's actually the promo I would imagine that unless the actual copyright holder uploaded it and not just some spod then it's infringing copyright. Pretty sure that YouTube T&C states that you must own the copyright to upload anything - but that doesn't stop people throwing up whatever takes their fancy.

Tell the teacher that you're not happy doing it, as it infringes copyright. If you're feeling helpful tell them how to d/l it and transfer to DVD, making it clear that you do not recommend this course of action and that s/he will personally be liable should the copyright cops come a-knocking.
    Thanks, thats just what I've done. And know it's fairly obvious, but it's been one of those days today

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information