+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Portsmouth FC Website in General; Try the portsmouth fc website if you want a laugh!! Website Unavailable Apparntly they cant afford to pay the company ...
    Thank Post

Portsmouth FC Website

Try the portsmouth fc website if you want a laugh!! Website Unavailable

Apparntly they cant afford to pay the company that look after there site so they have pulled it!!

Thank Post
    Bad times!

Thank Post
    Or it was just down for a while, because its up now

Thank Post
    Their electric sponser boards were turned off during the premier league game the other night to.

Thank Post
    They must have paid them!! see her for more info BBC Sport - Football - Portsmouth club website shut down

Thank Post
    Several more clubs will go the same way shortly, they are all struggling to pay the HMRC the PAYE they owe on the ridiculous wages they pay some of these players.

Up to £6k per week for championship players (Newcastle, allegedly) WTF.... so what are the Premier Leauge paying some of thiers?
    It's unsustainable and with sponsors pulling out of all types of sport there are hard times ahead for all clubs.
    The HMRC are taking no prisoners this time there are MP's expenses and Bankers Bonuses to be paid and the odd war or two to finance!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by m25man View Post
    Up to £6k per week for championship players (Newcastle, allegedly)
    Thats a typo right? More like £60k a week!

Portsmouth (my club ) have been destroyed due to bad management throughout over the last few years. We won the FA Cup and are paying for it big time now. It's like buying the house of your dreams, getting a huge mortgage to pay for it and being a paperboy.

It's disgraceful the way clubs are allowed to throw so much money around, giving players £150k - £200k a week whicl being millions and millions in debt

Something needs to be done and fast or more and more clubs are going to end up the same way as us

Thank Post
    We have one player on £80k a week on a 4 year contract. We bought him for £7m and probably gave him £1m signing on fee. he's is rubbish, I mean really bad. he's played about 30 games in 2.5 years.

Over the course of his 4 year contract, the total he will have cost Portsmouth is £24.5m. If we had that sort of money now, we might be able to pay our staff, players and bills on time whislt remaining in existence

This is just one player

rad
    Thank Post
    It works if you click here Portsmouth Football Club | Home

rad
    Thank Post
    Just realised a refresh of the home page works, obviously kids here have accessed it and the cache paq has held the unavailable page!!!

Thank Post
    Things can only get better for this mighty club(my Club). Seems like it was only yesterday that we were in this position before when Terry venables bought the club for £1.00 and then took us to the brink of ruin.

It always makes me laugh that the supporters are desperate to see the clubs succeed when half the players earn the same in a week that most supporters would be glad to get in a year

Thank Post
    Sorry Dan I did mean £60k a week.... Typo

Like the Bankers and the top brass at the BBC these people will have to wake up and realise that paying these people these sums is unsustainable.

The biggest issue is that it will be you and I that ultimately pay for their mis management.

These people have been allowed to rack up HUGE bills with the HMRC in PAYE and VAT payments.
    These debts are Millions of Pounds!

If they go into administration, the Government will be looking into another empty pot to pay for their crazy ventures (some of which are not to distant from this forum)....
    Needless to say any shortfall will have to be recouped from those that still have some income to pay for these shortfalls, YOU and ME through backdoor taxes and VAT changes.

Now Ashley Cole (Allegedly) has appealed against his speeding conviction and wants time to pay his £1000 fine! Why is he allowed to do this? Lock him up....

Why should we have to pay for these jokers lifestyle choices.

Thank Post
    I know sweet F.A. (boom!) about football, but have always felt that the wages they pay players were unsustainable (not to mention poor value). Looks like I was right...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by m25man View Post
    Sorry Dan I did mean £60k a week.... Typo

Like the Bankers and the top brass at the BBC these people will have to wake up and realise that paying these people these sums is unsustainable.

The biggest issue is that it will be you and I that ultimately pay for their mis management.

These people have been allowed to rack up HUGE bills with the HMRC in PAYE and VAT payments.
    These debts are Millions of Pounds!

If they go into administration, the Government will be looking into another empty pot to pay for their crazy ventures (some of which are not to distant from this forum)....
    Needless to say any shortfall will have to be recouped from those that still have some income to pay for these shortfalls, YOU and ME through backdoor taxes and VAT changes.

Now Ashley Cole (Allegedly) has appealed against his speeding conviction and wants time to pay his £1000 fine! Why is he allowed to do this? Lock him up....

Why should we have to pay for these jokers lifestyle choices.
    to be fair to the bankers, the firms atleast have the earnings and profits to justify to an extent paying out salaries and bonuses for key performers.

Although i agree with the point bbc and english football clubs, they don't seem to base pay and renumeration on performance, more on their being a perpetual stream of revenue ie tv revenues and tv taxes, to bankroll them.

Maybe the premier leagues fit and proper test should extend to forcing clubs/owners to show how they'd fund keeping the club on an even keel, paying wages etc. But with some of the big clubs mired in debt as a result of takeovers, would the premier league as a whole accept that or pay any attention ?

Thank Post
    And in other comedy, do a search for school dinners on Google images.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread